Rookies who made your teams roster out of Camp.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not a name anyone will know but it looks like 24 year old Sheldon Dries will play his first NHL game tomorrow. Always kinda neat to see those type of players get their shot.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
How's Svechnikov? What line is he supposed to play on?

As for the OP, Kotkaniemi made it for the Habs... he will play with Drouin tonight.
He’s looked very good. He’s obviously super skilled, but later on in the preseason he seemed a bit overwhelmed by the pace of the play.

He shoud have a fine season though, he seems to have a knack for finding the perfect spot on the ice to make a play or catch a puck.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Donato, Bjork made it for now, Vaakanainen was very close for the Bruins.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Leafs have Andreas Johnsson and Igor Ozhiganov.

They also have Par Lindholm and Justin Holl who have two NHL games between them, but I believe they're technically too old to be considered rookies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not a name anyone will know but it looks like 24 year old Sheldon Dries will play his first NHL game tomorrow. Always kinda neat to see those type of players get their shot.

He was great for the Texas Stars last season and all year long Stars insiders were talking about how he is gonna find himself on a NHL roster this year. Good for him!

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Leafs have Andreas Johnsson and Igor Ozhiganov.

They also have Par Lindholm and Justin Holl who have two NHL games between them, but I believe they're technically too old to be considered rookies.
Yeah cutoff is 26 by Sept 15 and they are both 26 and turning 27 this year.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Vaakanainen made the team he’s just not in the line up tonight nor is Bjork.

Vaakanainen was the surprise for the Bruins
I was hoping he was going play, to bad he is a scratch tonight, wonder what they will do when Krug returns. They still have Grezlcyk and Kampfer who looked decent in pre-season. So happy for Vaakanainen proving himself, he seemed to be the guy everyone ignored last year in polls. We got to see him in pre-season look so polished, calm and played around 24 minutes a night and hardly made a mistake.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
For the Kings:
Jared Anderson-Dolan-Youngest player to make the Kings since Kyle Clifford.
Austin Wagner-This dude is probably in the top 3 for fastest skater in the NHL. I'm not even exaggerating that.

Both players were certainly not penciled in to make the team, but through their play in pre season and camp they've earned it. But they were also fortunate that we had a few injuries to Brown, Brodzinski and Vilardi which is the biggest reason why they are on the team. I'm not expecting either of them to stay with the team all season, but they've shown that they can hang with the main guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad