GDT: Rookie Tournament in London (9/5 vs. Ottawa, 2 p.m.)

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I really don't like that the Pens gave these guys owned numbers. IMO, it's disrespectful to give some rookie an established Pen's number. Not to mention that they'll all have to change numbers once the real camp starts. Why change everyone's number for a 3 game tournament?

Just looking at the roster:
D'Agostino has Duper's #9
Pouliot has Martin's #7
Roupp has Nisky's #2
Samuelsson has Engo's #5
Seymour has Scud's #4
Kuhnhackl has Kuni's #14
Menga had BB's #19
Rankin has DJ's #17
Rowney had Adam's #27
Sylvester has Sutter's #16
Jarry had MAF's #29

I doubt they would allow someone to choose 87 or 71 so why let them wear 29 or 14?
The number of the KOON!

maxpenguins6630

Apr 13, 2004
His quote on DP doesn't paint him in a very good light. I bolded what stood out to me below:

Not something you'd expect to be said about an 8th over all draft pick.

Just too bad... I wanted Trouba... He has size, shots, skating ability and a mean streak... Too bad we passed on him...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It was also his dad's number back in the day. So it's nice to see him wearing it, even it was only a temporary thing at a rookie tournament.

No, no. You have to honor the inviolable history of... mathematics, or something. There's no room for your feel-good family history here, mister.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
His quote on DP doesn't paint him in a very good light. I bolded what stood out to me below:

Not something you'd expect to be said about an 8th over all draft pick.

you should have also bolded the part that said he played like that in nhis 1st game and was much better in sunday's game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad