Player Discussion Rookie Max Lajoie

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Learning on the job is never easy, whether in pro sports or in everyday life. He will be better for it and is still developing. Not every rookie will be rookie of the Year or a Calder nominee, but he is developing

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
He will be fine. The mistakes he makes are just learning curve type mistakes, not lack of skill or skating. If he were on a better team he would be shining. Just hard for him to learn ‘on the job’ while playing for the worst team in the league.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Kinda hit a wall as most expected,but he is still a good young defender and should learn from this

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Would be nice if this team had the depth to play Lajoie/Jaros in the AHL this season, but that ship has already sailed. Let's just hope it doesn't affect their long term futures.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boucher doing him zero favors

Dorion has to take some heat on this too. You have a young , just 21 year old D that surprisingly makes the team, and shows some really good parts to his game and you think you are sheltering the poor kid by playing him in a defensive role with Cody Ceci. Some will say well there isn't much choice but there isn't much choice because that is what Dorion has left us. This GM is terrible at assessing where the team is and what it needs to succeed through a rebuild. You could probably have a computer model do a better job at piecing this together and assessing trade value... I would turn the throw in another random mid round pick option off. At this point I would play him with Demelo on the bottom pair . Give them a mix of Ozone and Dzone starts.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brannstrom and Wolanin will have to struggle for Lajoie to pass them. I like him. I hope he does well in Belleville and proves why he was selected to start the year here last year. He's a good young player who was put in a rough spot last year. Still the left side is going to be tough to crack in Ottawa .. for Wolanin as well to start imo.
I think they keep Jaros up on the right side with Demelo and Zaitsev. Chabot , Hainsey and Boro on the left. I think right now Wolanin and his brand new 2 way is first callup.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So what will happen with him this season? A full year in the AHL is needed imo.
He'll eventually be dealt imo, unless Chabot is in fact lost to an offer sheet or trade in anticipation of one within the next year. Chabot, Wolanin & Brannstrom all seem to be firmly ahead of him on the depth chart and Tychonik may be coming at some point as well. Even with a shift to the right, he has some higher touted guys in JBD, Thomson & Jaros likely ahead of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad