Player Discussion Rookie Max Lajoie

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
He’s been struggling lately but that’s to be expected when you’re a rookie dman playing on a bad team. But, him playing with Ceci is dragging him down. Do we really want Lajoie playing with a scrub?

upload_2018-11-22_0-8-35.jpeg

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Lajoie is asked to play some kind of shutdown role because of early success.

He is put in a situation were he almost cannot look good, especially at his age.

That fall on the fact we don't have any veteran player who can take that role. Neither on the right side and left side..

It's a rebuild, but of they want these young dman to devellop properly and with confidence, they need to find some veteran anchor. Not the trash one we have.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lajoie doesn't belong anywhere near a shutdown pair at this point in his career.

He's not a defensive defenceman. He's not a shutdown guy. We're going to wreck him like we did Ceci if we keep this up long term.

I agree. I think this is hurting him as much as helping him right now..

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I thought Lajoie was pretty good last night for the most part.

It's pretty clear he's carrying Ceci more than the other way around though. This team really needs a veteran RD to replace Ceci in the mentor role. Ceci is far too fragile, given his struggles, to show any rookie the ropes.

I don't see any internal options really. Maybe move Boro up into Lajoie's 2nd pairing minutes with Ceci? It'll be painful to watch and hurt us in the standings but at least you can shelter Lajoie for a month or two on the 3rd pairing. Outside of getting a decent veteran (Muzzin would be great) I'm not sure there's much that can be done.

I don't think he'll be ruined either way (he thinks the game too well) but his development may be slowed by having to carry a "veteran" D like Ceci.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We’re not a very good hockey team.

I will say that Ceci and Boro do not stabilize anyone.

They need veterans themselves to play with.

I’m hardly vouching for either player. I have my issues with both but it’s an extremely flawed way to look at things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad