Prospect Info: Rookie Camp | Sept 5-9 | Open to public

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Rakell then had a break way but missed. He's a good two tiers above the players he's playing against right now. That line of etem rakell Whitney is dominating

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Swedish two way defenders usually model their game after him so it's not crazy. I was especially impressed with how he skated backwards from pretty much the middle of the ice starting from the blue line down to the boards to cancel out a 2-1 and his positioning was so good the Kings prospect pretty much gave up. I honestly got goosebumps from the move. Most of our pro D corps wouldn't be able to pull that off. Maybe Fowler. Beauchemin would just hang back.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Rakell, Etem and Lindholm look great. I'm especially impressed with Lindholm. He's so calm out there, dare I say he reminds me of Lidstrom?
The vow we all made a year ago is to never repeat that comparison outside of our board.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Swedish two way defenders usually model their game after him so it's not crazy. I was especially impressed with how he skated backwards from pretty much the middle of the ice starting from the blue line down to the boards to cancel out a 2-1 and his positioning was so good the Kings prospect pretty much gave up. I honestly got goosebumps from the move. Most of our pro D corps wouldn't be able to pull that off. Maybe Fowler. Beauchemin would just hang back.

Fowler could skate it no problem, but I'm not sure he has the same natural positional awareness. Lindholm seems to do it with casual ease(which is why it does seem easy to see similarities between Lindholm and #5).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fowler could skate it no problem, but I'm not sure he has the same natural positional awareness. Lindholm seems to do it with casual ease(which is why it does seem easy to see similarities between Lindholm and #5).

It's hit or miss with Fowler. I think in his head he has the desire to where he thinks the player is GOING to be, and he's only right like...half the time.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It's hit or miss with Fowler. I think in his head he has the desire to where he thinks the player is GOING to be, and he's only right like...half the time.

My biggest complaint with him is when he leaves his feet. I hate seeing a defenseman leave his feet. It's kind of like a goalie going for a poke-check. If it doesn't work, you've taken yourself out of the play.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Getting a bit ugly. Im starting to lose hope in DSP. He doesnt seem willing to throw his body around like he needs to. He just doesnt have the speed to play a skill game, yet he seems to keep trying to.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The scores of the game are pretty meaningless. Win or lose, it's the individual prospects that I'm interested in.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Let me begin by saying that I appreciate the Ducks using the Honda Center for this game and opening it up for free. That said, the preparation of the Honda Center for the game was substandard. Parking was pretty tough to come by, there were long lines at security to get in, and only four concession stands were open, with very long lines and slow delivery of food. Much of this was apparently due to the fact that the team expected around 2,500 people, and got around 7,500 according to the manager of the food stand where I waited for food for around 25 minutes.

As for the game, the Ducks looked like they were skating a pond hockey game, and did not play well as a team. I thought that the Etem line looked pretty good, but Whitney was getting bounced around due to his lack of size. I suspect that Rakell will start the season in Norfolk, but we will have to see how things develop when there is an organized structure to the Ducks game. I also liked Wagner, since he seemed to keep winning face offs. That was a sight for sore Duck eyes.

I was not happy with the play by Smith-Pelley. He looked like he did last year, just not in the game. The rest of the forwards were pretty unimpressive to me. None of them are close to ready for prime time, but then that is what Norfolk is for.

I was favorably impressed by Theodore. For an 18 year old he played a good game and had decent poise. Lindholm also played well, but I think that for the sake of his career, he should be developed in Norfolk and not rushed to the NHL. Warg looks like he may be a third pairing defenseman at some point, as he has good size and plays a basic game.

I think that once Bobkov's ELC is over he is gone. He looked absolutely terrible in goal. Anderson looked okay, but I don't think that he is quite ready to be a back up at this point. I wish that Gibson had played, as I would really like to see him in person, but that is just not to be. I am not going to LA for the second game of the series.

In summary, I got what I paid for, which was nothing for nothing. A large number of our prospects appear to have a long ways to go before we see them in Anaheim.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I left with 4 mins left in the 3rd don't wanna watch the rest or the shootout, what a fkn terrible effort.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah, it was pretty ****ing pathetic. I'm not sold on our coaching staff. The kings don't have better prospects, we're just not as crisp as them for some reason. It was kinda sad that they turned such a great event into a **** show on the ice. It really wasn't all that competitive. Our kids clearly weren't as good as a team

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00