Romanov destroyed two Ottawa players

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Destroyed? Exaggerate much?

Good clean hit. Not worth dropping the gloves for. Its not like Brannstrom was out cold on the ice. I hate when guys fight over cleans hits. Fighting a guy for a clean hit isn't going to deter him from hitting another player the right way.

Romanov reminds me of Volchenkov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
"Destroyed" seems like a bit of hyperbole here.

Perhaps "Romanov moderately inconvenienced two Ottawa players" would have been more appropriate? I mean, the hit was solid enough, but far from destruction of the first player, let alone the second.

It was more like ironic a bit, but the hit was hard enough, I saw "destroyed" for lesser hits on this forum.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I like the hit but weak of the Sens veterans to not drop the gloves after one of their young players getting hit like that.

Yeah how weak are the senators for not being a bunch of whining losers and not going after a player for a clean hit!

In all seriousness, it's pathetic when players do that. Drop the gloves if it's an attempt to injure, a matt cooke special hit. Don't try to fight a player just because he laid down a great hit and you're mad your teamate can't keep his eyes up. It's not a leadership move, it's being a sore loser.

Reactions: sbhatt

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Yeah how weak are the senators for not being a bunch of whining losers and not going after a player for a clean hit!

In all seriousness, it's pathetic when players do that. Drop the gloves if it's an attempt to injure, a matt cooke special hit. Don't try to fight a player just because he laid down a great hit and you're mad your teamate can't keep his eyes up. It's not a leadership move, it's being a sore loser.

I disagree.

I don’t want players taking runs, even clean ones, at any players on my team.

Not saying they need to drop the gloves, but I’d rather some kind of message be sent that if they’re going to try to lay the body, there’s going to be a target on their back.

Make them worry about themselves rather than making a hit.

And at the very least, lets their teammate know they’ve got his back.

Last edited:

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
it's a strong hockey play. That's it. Have some chamomile and go for a walk

Oh, it was absolutely a clean hit.

Did I say otherwise?

I made an observation, and a correct one—why so salty, with the extra curricular comments?

Maybe you should fill up a travel mug and have a walk yourself, friend.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Great, clean hit by Romanov. I am glad that no skirmish followed the play. Just get up and play, and there is no disruption to the flow of the game.

Reactions: sbhatt

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Definitely, a nice hit you don't see that as much as before these days! I grew up seeing those types of hits and nothing gets the crowd going live than one of those !! Habs lucky to have this kid !!

Reactions: dukeofjive

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
similar to
iu

Crosby then proceeded to hack of a portion of Methot's finger off down the road.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
That was a beautiful and clean hit, I love his confidence. I'm pretty sure that Tierney would have tried to grab him if he didn't trip over Brannstrom, but nonetheless, I'm real glad it didn't lead to a Sen trying to fight Romanov. That's some good hockey right there

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Title is stupid.

I do like how Romanov turned a little and prevented himself from really leveling the player though. Good hard hit, but kept it clean and without intent to really destroy him, despite the title...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad