Romanov destroyed two Ottawa players

illpucks

May 26, 2011
similar to
iu

Reactions: Altimus

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Bransstrom gets hit like that almost once every game,love the courage to take a hit...But yeah he does set himself up for this way too often...The hit was a clean body check by a very good young defender

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Brannstrom is shorter than I am (5'8).

He's like a hobbit. But nice hit nonetheless, lined him up well.

I often wonder what it would be like to play in such a physical sport and be so much smaller than most of the other players.

He's tight though.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brannstrom is shorter than I am (5'8).

He's like a hobbit. But nice hit nonetheless.

I often wonder what it would be like to play in such a physical sport and be so much smaller than most of the other players.

He's tight though.
He just seems to always take too many of those big hits,for a smaller guy you would think he would use his skating and skill to avoid them

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Quite like this kid, reminds me of prime Subban there with the backskating in to a hit.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
That was a great hit, nothing to object to. I like Romanov, he's a really good all-round player, has a good future. And good for Brannstrom, who does seem to get hit a lot. Good thing he saw Romanov at the last second and was able to brace himself to absorb the hit. Standing in there to take a hit to make a play shows toughness, especially for a little guy. Nothing softer than players who bail out to avoid being hit and cough up the puck.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
"Destroyed" seems like a bit of hyperbole here.

Perhaps "Romanov moderately inconvenienced two Ottawa players" would have been more appropriate? I mean, the hit was solid enough, but far from destruction of the first player, let alone the second.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad