Prospect Info: Roman Kantserov 44th Overall

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I guess he would rather play in the khl then the AHL. Im not eaxctly sure of the number but it took him 10 games roughly to get a pt. so in reality he has 10 pts over his last roughly 27 games. which is not bad for a 18 year old in the khl.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Sucks that the Hawks won't have control of his development but it isn't a dire situation either that he reupped for 2 more seasons in the KHL. He'll be 21 going on 22 when the contract is up. Hopefully by then he's one of the best Russian prospects/players in the KHL and the Hawks are ready to compete and he can slide right in there.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, not a big deal provided he's getting quality ice time in the K. Saw he was playing 1C recently, guessing probably due to injuries, so at least he's currently getting some opportunities.

If he's good enough to come to the NHL, I'm sure he eventually will.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
In addition to the Hawks reaching on Kantserov, the pick is now even worse because they won't be developing him in Rockford.

An L for Kyle.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Whats the rush to get him here ? Rockford Isnt fast tracking many to the NHL anyway . Ilya Safonov is the guy that needs to come soon .
The rush is that the KHL is mid and if he was serious about his developpment, he wouldn't be extending his contract

We could've had Rehkopf instead.

Kyle saw a fast skater and blew his load early.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think Safonov has one more year under contract.
I think he is more ready. I cant blame Roman to want to stay until he is 21 and play in the KHL he probably makes a bit more money then in the AHL and its his home country. the hawks met with him at the draft and really liked his personality. im sur ehe comes over when he thinks he has a shot at the NHL. Its not like the AHL has been the best and only breeding ground for NHL players. IE why is everybody ok with moore and rinzel going back for another year or 2 but RK should sign his deal and play in the AHL. I'm 95% happy with our first 6 picks in last years draft. and our first 8 picks in 2022 looked solid nazar and ludwinski have rebounded. Greene and hayes continue to produce and out last 2 picks savoie and thompson I think have a chance to play in the nhl 4th line. I know people like to trash KD but has anybody had a better 14 players in there last 2 draft then him?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
The rush is that the KHL is mid and if he was serious about his developpment, he wouldn't be extending his contract

We could've had Rehkopf instead.

Kyle saw a fast skater and blew his load early.

Wut? Almost all the best Russian players in the NHL today came over to NA around 21, 22, 23.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kantserov with 1 goal already today after 1 period...Ifchevus 1C duectoninjuriescwill score morexwithvextra pkayingvtimebin top role.. Hardcforxanyv18 yrvold to play in LHL and score big with kinitedx4th kine minutes.. butvifchevgetsxa chance to show what he can do if given minutes andvojayingvupmlinecwoth better talent then maybe we fota steal draftibgvhim?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Has had a similar production year to Yurov's 19 year old KHL season. Yurov with a big 20 year old season.
As an aside I think Yurov is going to be a problem in years to come.

Kantserov goal clip from today

Still playing 4th line per the line combo thing they show at the beginning of the game, and not on the Powerplay. I would say he's producing well for a player in his situation and agree he should be in line for a bigger jump next season.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well this shows he has a 1-timer in his arsenal...Most of the current Blackhawks forwards except Bedar do not have that ability...they wiukd miss the net or fumble the puck before getting away a shot.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Still hope we can have him by 2027. Not thrilled he signed an extension.

Dont want to see another Shalunov and Kayumov

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I’m more impressed by the toe drag pass on the 2 on 1 at full speed , I don’t know when the last time I saw that was

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Hopefully they don't get in his ear about never signing for the Blackhawks, lol
The real question is, could those two guys play top 9 roles in the NHL? I'm not certain they can. Kantserov is a higher quality prospect than either of them were.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The real question is, could those two guys play top 9 roles in the NHL? I'm not certain they can. Kantserov is a higher quality prospect than either of them were.
Yeah I'm not pressed about it. Kayumov is likely at least as good as Entwistle/R. Johnson but I see him as a fringe guy. People forget Shalunov was actually here, but got sent down to the ECHL. While he was young and it would have been nice if he stuck around, he never became a KHL star and they didn't miss much there either.

If Kantserov is good enough, he will come over. They always do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad