Value of: Roman Josi

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Every player on Nashville would get traded before Josi. But it's fair game I guess to wonder what it would take all the same.
I doubt that, josi is 29 and is about to get a large raise and probably an 8 year deal which will bring him to 37. If I'm poile i at least think about it.
I don't think poile ever thinks about trading forsberg, arvi, Rinne, or saros. If shero calls and offers hall(extended) and butcher for josi and Tolvanen poile would have a hard decision on his hand. Sign your top defenseman or sign one of the top offensive players in the league

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I doubt that, josi is 29 and is about to get a large raise and probably an 8 year deal which will bring him to 37. If I'm poile i at least think about it.
I don't think poile ever thinks about trading forsberg, arvi, Rinne, or saros. If shero calls and offers hall(extended) and butcher for josi and Tolvanen poile would have a hard decision on his hand. Sign your top defenseman or sign one of the top offensive players in the league
I don't know man... Hall was one of the top offensive players in the league... in one single season. I think he has the chops to do it again, probably, but Nashville is not exactly renowned as a place where offense and production fourishes for incoming players. It isn't that hard to choose to keep Josi instead. But I guess tell me the particulars of the Hall extension and what we think the Josi is asking for. It's worth taking that much of an extra look anyway. But I would be looking at it skeptically expecting to say pass. Full marks for the best offer yet, though. :handclap:

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
The Hall and Butcher for Josi and Tolvanen deal is one that makes both teams better.

The Devils finally get that top pairing dman they've been looking for the past decade and Tolvanen is a very solid prospect. On the flip side, the Preds are getting the game breaking forward they desperately need up front and they still have a tremendous defence back there.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I don't know man... Hall was one of the top offensive players in the league... in one single season. I think he has the chops to do it again, probably, but Nashville is not exactly renowned as a place where offense and production fourishes for incoming players. It isn't that hard to choose to keep Josi instead. But I guess tell me the particulars of the Hall extension and what we think the Josi is asking for. It's worth taking that much of an extra look anyway. But I would be looking at it skeptically expecting to say pass. Full marks for the best offer yet, though. :handclap:
We know josi is gonna get paid so I'm saying josi will sign a 9 million dollar contract for 8 years and hall will look to cash in as well So I'm guess 10 or 10.25 million could get signed in Nashville. We add that top forward we really need and we bring back a young serviceable lhd that can take Josi's spot
Butcher-subban
Ekholm-Ellis
Is still a really good top 4.
This is a fairy tale it isnt gonna happen like this but it is fun talking about until we find out what poile will actually do

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not gonna happen.
Courtesy answer to OP ?:

Skjei on deal w/term + unextended expiring Kreider
for
unextended expiring Josi

something like that

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Probably quite a lot. But I do wonder what his next contract will look like.

an 8 year contract would carry him through his age 37 season.

I don't think he'd return a big-time player that's in their early to mid 20s though.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I think Kessel to NSH for one of their defenders as the main piece makes sense.

Kessel + Dumo for Josi (extended) + Smith

Kessel + Schultz for Subban + Jarnkrok

Kessel for Ellis + Jarnkrok

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
Well give ya turris for that ;)

Too much on our part :laugh: he just scares the crap out of me tbh. He could be a super cheap answer to our problem, but if he’s not, that contract could crap on our window completely. I personally am not willing to take that chance tbh.

PS. I’m glad you understood the irony in my proposal hahaha

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think Kessel to NSH for one of their defenders as the main piece makes sense.

Kessel + Dumo for Josi (extended) + Smith

Kessel + Schultz for Subban + Jarnkrok

Kessel for Ellis + Jarnkrok
3rd one works. 2nd one maybe - but since I like the 3rd one better I can save myself from thinking about it. First one, no thanks.

Reactions: Toby Flenderson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad