Speculation: Roman Josi

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I heard from many Preds fans on the Preds boards that Josi just got his 7th concussion at the age of 26. Ouch... What do you think happens to Josi? Do you see a possible early retirement? What happens to the Preds LHD depth at this point? Do the Preds make a trade or?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Not all concussions are the same and not all concussions have the same result.

Some guys suffer for a long time and some concussions barely require a recovery.

I don't know where Josi's health falls in that spectrum, but age and number aren't the whole story.

May 27, 2012
Earth

Some guys suffer for a long time and some concussions barely require a recovery.

I don't know where Josi's health falls in that spectrum, but age and number aren't the whole story.

Sure, but the next concussion is always easier to get. It doesn't matter if they aren't the same or have the same result. The point is that, there will be limit to how many you get. That doesn't mean that limit should be tested.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Sure, but the next concussion is always easier to get. It doesn't matter if they aren't the same or have the same result. The point is that, there will be limit to how many you get. That doesn't mean that limit should be tested.

I actually met Josi, and he's one of the smartest, calculating, and rational person on the planet. I couldn't believe a sports player (No offense for stereotyping) who already had so many concussions could be such a genius like him (Although you don't lose your genius with a concussion, but all I know is super wealthy people who suffer mental damage and are naturally extremely intelligent and deep minded tend to be most depressed).

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jeez. As someone who's had 4 myself, that is scary. Especially with how it gets easier and easier to induce concussion symptoms after each one.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Jeez. As someone who's had 4 myself, that is scary. Especially with how it gets easier and easier to induce concussion symptoms after each one.

Yeah I had my first concussion just last year around this time, coincidentally it was the time when I finally found the love of my life haha. But yeah it's been kinda terrible since that concussion. I'm very prone to paranoia and ticks, and all. It surprised me because I know someone who had multiple concussions, but he's like the happiest person on the planet, and he tells me because he was always rather dumb and never really cared about anything even when living under poverty. Seeing how I was always very intellectual and curious about everything and never really had to suffer ever as a kid (Middle class lifestyle), getting a concussion is really painful. Which is why I'm concerned for Josi, as he's a genius beyond words, and already has his 7th concussion.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Each concussion doubles your chances of getting another one.

thegutter

May 22, 2011
I actually met Josi, and he's one of the smartest, calculating, and rational person on the planet. I couldn't believe a sports player (No offense for stereotyping) who already had so many concussions could be such a genius like him (Although you don't lose your genius with a concussion, but all I know is super wealthy people who suffer mental damage and are naturally extremely intelligent and deep minded tend to be most depressed).

Wasn't it josi who actually came up with the theory of relativity?

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Sounding more and more like a short career coming to an end, unfortunate turn of events. Having that many concussions is almost a guarantee of a life time for of struggles with mental and head issues, hopefully, if true, Josi pulls the trigger before he gets yet another.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Josi will be fine. He will sign another 4-5 year deal when his current one expires.

Concussions are scary, but no 2 are alike. There is/was a whiplash effect the last hit he took, as it was more stick to visor than an elbow or direct shot to the head.

He is practicing, and the length to his IR stint is more precaution than anything. If this were the playoffs, I wonder how much he would miss, TBH.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
honestly had no idea he had that many concussions... I really don't like the sounds of that hmmm

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

Your limited interactions with him are not probative of the extent of his brain injuries, if any.

Dog

This is such a terrible anecdote

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This is such a terrible anecdote

Except it's proven that those who have practically everything given to them (Not saying Josi does whatsoever, but rich people are stereotyped like that) and are deep minded who suffer from mental injuries tend to be most insane or depressed. Because at least poor people thrive to work hard and make a living and hopefully live a better life instead of overthinking. I also wish Josi well and I know that he's an excellent person who plays hard and is very down to earth and humble. But again I'm just saying him being so intelligent and wealthy can have an impact on his mental thinking if he gets even just another major concussion.

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Except it's proven that those who have practically everything given to them (Not saying Josi does whatsoever, but rich people are stereotyped like that) and are deep minded who suffer from mental injuries tend to be most insane or depressed. Because at least poor people thrive to work hard and make a living and hopefully live a better life instead of overthinking. I also wish Josi well and I know that he's an excellent person who plays hard and is very down to earth and humble. But again I'm just saying him being so intelligent and wealthy can have an impact on his mental thinking if he gets even just another major concussion.

Your concussion was more serious than you realize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad