Roman Josi 5 points

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Him and Subban have been flip flopping this year in terms of whose better which is an issue I am fine with. Josi went through a pretty rough stretch point-wise at the beginning of 2018 but Subban picked up the slack and now Josi is hot af and Subban is scoring a bit less. Silly to argue whose better as they're both integral to the team.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Really liked his 5th assist, although Hartman doesn't know him too long, he knew exactly where he wanted that pass and Josi found the small space.
An assist as valuable as a goal.

The Preds really are a force right now, they are able to step up when it matters and the depth covers for some individual slumps.

Reactions: torero

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Subban had a 20 game stretch where he was exceptional. Had a point pretty much every game during that stretch. However, the last 5 games, Josi has been outright dominant and that's not to diminish anything PK did, Josi has taken his game to another level I have never seen out of him. It's a great problem to have honestly and it probably pushes the other to get better which is also great for the team.

Funny thing is, earlier in the season, many thought Ekholm was better than both of them and he was. It's like a game of one upmanship. If Subban and Ekholm find another level to get to with the way Josi is playing right now, this team can be scary good.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
He took a discount a few years ago on a long term deal. Said he wanted to show appreciation to the preds for believing in him or something to that effect.
That is correct. The press here asked him why he took such a low $$$ amount and that's his reply.

CocoCrisp

Feb 22, 2018
Must be nice to have 2 #1 dmen.

Weber
Suter
Subban
Josi

Nashville has been spoiled with fantastic defensemen in their short history.

Reactions: ThewThew

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
as a matter of perspective, the preds have only had one other 5 assist game in their 20 year history (Zidlicky in 2007), and now only 4 total 5 point games overall.

sidenote; the all time single game assist record is 7. Gretzky did that 3 seperate times.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I dont know the stats for this but there seems to be an abnormally large amount of 5pt games for players this season.
Scoring is significantly up. I think (= it's a feeling, haven't double checked it) that it's because of the new slashing rules introduced this year that increased the PP opportunities.
I wouldn't be surprised if next season things stabilize back to the last 3/4 seasons averages.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Scoring is significantly up. I think (= it's a feeling, haven't double checked it) that it's because of the new slashing rules introduced this year that increased the PP opportunities.
I wouldn't be surprised if next season things stabilize back to the last 3/4 seasons averages.

Sure. Scoring may be up but still. A 5pt game is tough as balls to get. The fact that there has been, what I feel to be a high amount, is odd. Its great and I love to see it but its still pretty crazy.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sure. Scoring may be up but still. A 5pt game is tough as balls to get. The fact that there has been, what I feel to be a high amount, is odd. Its great and I love to see it but its still pretty crazy.
Oh big time.

For example, when I saw Bergeron get 4 goals + 1 assist in 12 minutes of ice time (he then played a couple more minutes, but no more points... slacker... :D ...) a month ago or so, I thought that I would never see the day that would happen.

I mean, it would be fun if things stayed like this from now on.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Oh big time.

For example, when I saw Bergeron get 4 goals + 1 assist in 12 minutes of ice time (he then played a couple more minutes, but no more points... slacker... :D ...) a month ago or so, I thought that I would never see the day that would happen.

I mean, it would be fun if things stayed like this from now on.

For sure. Its unreal. Christ, Barzal has had what... THREE 5pt games? Wtf is that? haha

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I mentioned Josi for the Norris. This guy is an incredible D man, reminds me of Karlsson at times this season.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.

you are right, scoring has increased this year, primarily because of greater PP scoring. Goals per game average since the rule change on interference and the two line pass rule change 13 years ago;

2017-18... 5.89 total goals per game
2016-17... 5.53
2015-16... 5.42
2014-15... 5.46
2013-14... 5.49
2012-13... 5.44
2011-12... 5.47
2010-11... 5.59
2009-10...5.68
2008-09... 5.83
2007-08... 5.57
2006-07... 5.89
2005-06... 6.17
2003-04... 5.14

note how the rule change year spiked and gradually players adjusted in the following years. would expect the same thing to gradually happen to this year's hooking emphasis.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad