TBN: Rolston wants Sabres to pick up the pace and stop blinking first

Erie89

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
It's hard to admit that your team is slugging it around on you. which pretty much means they've quit on you.

Combine that with the fact that the "star/core" players that you have hitched your job to and put letters on their jerseys, are the leaders of said slugging...and well... You have some pretty PC press conferences that make it seem like you don't care.:naughty:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So...Ron Rolston wants them to play hockey...not hide and seek.

Well, that's a start I suppose.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Lindy couldn't come up with a reason as to why the team was playing so bad, but our AHL coach could. I like that he is the type of coach that teaches players instead just telling them they messed up.

Dude, the guy just explained the difference between good teams and bad teams. IE, The hawks are good at moving the puck, while we and Columbus aren't. Funny thing is, he sounds like every team can be great, if they just play faster. Haha.

Also, he's talking about short spans, and lapses? That's not us brah, we mail in 20-40 minutes almost every game. It's not usually an occasional lack of effort on a shift that's losing games for us.

I guess I'm saying he offered no more insight into the "problem" than us fans(and Lindy) already knew. No need to bash the guy anymore, he's gone. Time to get over it.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Regarding conditioning: in that last game in T.O. Myers looked (as per the norm) like he was breathing through one nostril, has asthma, and smokes 4 packs a day.

Vanek looks the same way every time he comes off a shift, and has looked that way for years.

I have absolutely no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we found out the Sabres' avg. V02 Max is below league average.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
True, there is that as well. It does seem they're over-thinking everything everywhere and not executing.

The word I use all the time is tentative.

...and in the NHL, there's 2 kinds of cowboys, the quick and the dead.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
It's hard to admit that your team is slugging it around on you. which pretty much means they've quit on you.

Absolutely not, this team quit on themselves. Hard to admit...doubt it, this team is bad, really bad.

They lack skill, a whole hell of a lot of skill. Tear it down.

I'll give to get the players needed, I would overpay just to get half the team turned over.

So be it.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
When Rolston noted how the sabres take "shortcuts", he gained my favor. I like how he isn't afraid to recognize the problems with this team, but it won't get anywhere if he doesn't do anything to change it.

This mess of a team is gonna need more than just a coaching change itself to get going

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
How about we learn how to get the puck into the opponents end of the ice and sustain it?? Rolston is being much too vague. Our defense makes one too many passes trying to transition rather than carrying it up themselves. To make matters worse they don't even pinch from the blue line. Way to not call that out Coach....

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
How about we learn how to get the puck into the opponents end of the ice and sustain it?? Rolston is being much too vague. Our defense makes one too many passes trying to transition rather than carrying it up themselves. To make matters worse they don't even pinch from the blue line. Way to not call that out Coach....

God forbid he not break down the specifics in a press conference. :shakehead:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Everything's being addressed but now we have to see some results, it's imperative, maybe not this season cause we're done, but next. At least get a kick in the ass and start playing harder and faster and somehow carry that ethic into the next season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

It all starts with being aggressive. That's hockey in a nutshell. You have to pressure your opposition into making mistakes. That's also how you sustain a forecheck and pinch...by being aggressive on the puck.

It's simple, but it's something that has plagued this team all year.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It all starts with being aggressive. That's hockey in a nutshell. You have to pressure your opposition into making mistakes. That's also how you sustain a forecheck and pinch...by being aggressive on the puck.

It's simple, but it's something that has plagued this team all year.

Instead of doing what you said they've been waiting for the errant mistake instead of playing hard forcing the other team to panic and make decisions that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad