GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8: 9/30 4PM at Penguins (TV: NHLN-US)

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I find it difficult to find many other "big names" on this roster other than those three mentioned that are going to put up points. Foligno? Your guess is as good as mine on how he'll start, Dubinsky? Good luck relying on him for points. Bjorkstrand? Still pretty young and raw, another unknown truthfully. Who is going to put up points other than Wennberg, Atkinson and Panarin CONSISTENTLY? Sure our defense could add some goals but other than the PP I find it difficult to see consistently winning games five vs five. The whole point of that post was to highlight how some players, who are going to be starters, have not looked very good. Literally that is it, not sure why there are these random ideas of me saying Panarin Wennberg and Atkinson need to start off "hot" and they better be "hot" in preseason or we are doomed. I dont care if this team loses games in preseason as long as the starters play well, which the havent. Hence the concern. The team could start off slow, the division is competitve, that is it.

The "random idea" came from your post:

My main concern though is Panarin, Wennberg and Atkinson. I find it hard to believe that all three will get off to a hot start.

Points will come throughout the roster, just as they have for the last few years. The idea that this team has a "big three" is nonsense. When one player or players are down, others will be up. They're not going to have a set of PPG players to depend on - few teams do.

They could start off slow, they could not. Nothing in preseason is going to indicate which one will happen.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The "random idea" came from your post:

Points will come throughout the roster, just as they have for the last few years. The idea that this team has a "big three" is nonsense. When one player or players are down, others will be up. They're not going to have a set of PPG players to depend on - few teams do.

They could start off slow, they could not. Nothing in preseason is going to indicate which one will happen.

I'll add that we don't NEED all three to be "hot" to win games. And it's highly unlikely that all three will be hot at the same time if they're playing on the same line.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Another thoughtful post on Hfboards, not sure how anything I have said was "uncalm". But please continue the preseason means absolutely nothing bs, if preseason meant nothing coaches would literally not have it. the hyperbole is unbearable

Stats and results mean nothing. It is only used to get players in game shape and ready for the season. Like all sports, it's too long.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The only players who are going all out are the kids trying to earn roster spots or the veterans trying to keep from losing them. So yes, I agree with Jackets16 perspective: preseason stats, and even the wins/losses, are meaningless.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
bluejackets.com has a stream, but it says it's blacked out in my region. Gee, I guess Clintonville is farther from the arena than I thought :shakehead

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If you have Roku or a console you download the fox sport's go app and watch through your TV if you have cable (I have sling)

Also not a fan on this predators away jerseys, at all.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Panarin has such great vision...he's made 2 beautiful passes to Wennberg today that caught him by surprise

Mitchell looks like he has cinder blocks tied to his feet. The guy can't skate...wouldn't be shocked if he's released from his PTO tomorrow.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Milano skates and controls the puck very similar to Panarin, just can't shoot as good.

Who does continue to show a shot is Bjorkstrand. It's a quick release, a real big-time pro shot. I truly expect at least 20+ goals from him this year.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I try to get into preseason games and it just doesn't do it for me.

I half tried to get a stream and then realized I don't care.

I am kind of pissed that NHL auto-renewed payment for September when there weren't even games to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad