Roll Call: Isles/Rags 10/14

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Lol going to the garden is always great because ranger fans might as well root for there team in a library. Ranger fans are timid, and its always funny to go there for a nyi nyr game because isles fans are the louder fans. I imagine there will be a ton of islander fans tomorrow, more so then weve seen in a long time. I believe the isles if they play the game they can play will smack the rangers big time.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
It's MSG after the renovation. The guy in the XL Messier jersey that is three sizes too small is watching on TV. He can't afford a ticket even in the cheapest seats. Your biggest worry will be a 10 year old from Scarsdale spilling his Coke on you as he tries to get by with his father.

lol this made me laugh

Hyphistos

Jul 16, 2012
Vienna
lol this made me laugh

Nowadays I can laugh about it too, but I was in the beginning of the year with a friend in north america, we were in four different sports venues (Montreal, MSG, Nassau Coliseum and Barclays) and at least one of us got poured something on him three of those four times. The worst was for sure in Montreal, got a full serving of nachos with cheese dip over my back, had this cheese everywhere, even in my pockets. I looked and smelled like somebody puked on me. On second place is the half serving of salad or whatever it was, that my friend was "handed over" as a surprise gift.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
What are your guys experiences going to games there? I'm not scared of any Ranger fans or anything, but I really wouldn't want to spend money only to find out I'll get harassed the entire game and possibly have beer spilled on me etc. I'm a respectful fan, I would understand that I'm in another teams arena and not act crazy or anything, so I wouldn't be drawing any attention to myself (unless you consider getting up and clapping for a goal as drawing attention).

I've never had a problem.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
im section 208 lower

Awesome I'm row 5! I'll see you there. I'll be the dude in the royal blue tavares jersey, most likely half in the bag at the start of the game lol. I'm going with a girl I've been seeing she'll be in my dark blue isles jersey riddled with autographs

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Awesome I'm row 5! I'll see you there. I'll be the dude in the royal blue tavares jersey, most likely half in the bag at the start of the game lol. I'm going with a girl I've been seeing she'll be in my dark blue isles jersey riddled with autographs

haha nice!! youre in the lower or upper 2s?

if lowers, im sure ill be your high five buddy when JT pots a hatty!

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
haha nice!! youre in the lower or upper 2s?

if lowers, im sure ill be your high five buddy when JT pots a hatty!

Just double checked I'm lower! Prob within arms reach of you lol. Hopefully we're not the only ones and the section and a good amount of isles fans

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
haha sweet! itll be a good time!

i wonder if there will be more isles fans than last few years...

last 5 years or so, i would say it was prob 5-7% isles fans at MSG

would love to get to that 10-15% range we were at in 2001.....thats when we can startchants, etc.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
wheres the best spot to grab a quick meal and a beer or two by the garden?

i usually just goto rose's in penn but my buddy wants to sit somewhere for 30-40 min

dont want to go anywhere where it will be a madhouse

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

i usually just goto rose's in penn but my buddy wants to sit somewhere for 30-40 min

I'd stick with Rose's for a beer. I don't think there's a better spot for that in the location price wise.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

The bars around the Garden are pretty packed for Rags games. I like the Molly Wee personally, but unless you get there early, you'll probably be hard pressed to find a table. But its a solid pub with friendly bartenders and good (basic) pub food.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

triple crown on 7th between 28th and 29th - plenty of tables in the back and decent food beer and prices

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Always enjoy a good stomping of the Rangers. Lets keep the season rolling!

4-2 Isles.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Roses has 36oz any beer you want for like 7 bucks on tap, really can't beat that. Or you can just get a brown bag tall boy for like $3 :D

If youre interested in actually going to a bar and spending a few bucks, stout is pretty good, although it is known to be a rags bar but who cares

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I'm going now! The girlfriend bought tickets during lunch, ****ing right!

I'll be in 202 I think. Unfortunately I don't have any of my jerseys with me so I'll be in my work clothes (red checkered shirt). Still be yelling and drinking!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad