Roll Call: Isles/Rags 10/14

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Unfortunately I cant. Rain check though, going in January. Always got to get one at the Garden..

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Ah man. Now that you mentioned it I need to go, I live 5 mins from the garden. I'll prob wait to get them day of when prices drop, think that's a good strategy?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Ah man. Now that you mentioned it I need to go, I live 5 mins from the garden. I'll prob wait to get them day of when prices drop, think that's a good strategy?

its really hit or miss....sometimes they go up sometimes down....i would say theyre unlikely to drop since it is very early in the season with 2 promising teams.....unless, you wait til about 15 min before game times....but that kinda screws up the whole flow of the night with pregaming, etc. just for 15 bucks...tixx arent that bad right now

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
its really hit or miss....sometimes they go up sometimes down....i would say theyre unlikely to drop since it is very early in the season with 2 promising teams.....unless, you wait til about 15 min before game times....but that kinda screws up the whole flow of the night with pregaming, etc. just for 15 bucks...tixx arent that bad right now

you make a good point, sir. i'm just trying to find a crew that wants to drop $100 on the game, 3 days after going to the home opener :)

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I REALLY want to go, but the prices aren't looking so attractive.

Any links to some affordable/"reasonably priced" tickets? I'd be eternally grateful :yo:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I REALLY want to go, but the prices aren't looking so attractive.

Any links to some affordable/"reasonably priced" tickets? I'd be eternally grateful :yo:

tickets are pretty much 20 bucks above face....not getting much cheaper than that....stubhub is gonna be the most reasonable, other than possibly finding some guy on craigslist...

fyi, stubhub prices you see include all fees, so it is not like you will be paying 20 bucks on top of that

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
tickets are pretty much 20 bucks above face....not getting much cheaper than that....stubhub is gonna be the most reasonable, other than possibly finding some guy on craigslist...

fyi, stubhub prices you see include all fees, so it is not like you will be paying 20 bucks on top of that

It's unfortunate how much ticket prices have spiked each year at the Garden since 2010. I used to go to a few games a year there and sit near the Zamboni entrance for $140 each. The tickets are now over $700 each :shakehead

I was always the only Islanders fan in the area and it was very apparent how much it bothered the Rags fans when I celebrated after each Isles goal.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
It's unfortunate how much ticket prices have spiked each year at the Garden since 2010. I used to go to a few games a year there and sit near the Zamboni entrance for $140 each. The tickets are now over $700 each :shakehead

I was always the only Islanders fan in the area and it was very apparent how much it bothered the Rags fans when I celebrated after each Isles goal.

theres no need to sit in an expensive area...i bought tickets in the upper 200s....those are equivalent to the old 300s in the garden which were fine seats....kinda like the lower 300s in the coliseum....those are going for around 90 for a single and 110 for a pair....not cheap, but certainly not outrageous........get used to it, bc starting next year, if the isles are any good, itll be similar...(prob a tiny bit cheaper)

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
theres no need to sit in an expensive area...i bought tickets in the upper 200s....those are equivalent to the old 300s in the garden which were fine seats....kinda like the lower 300s in the coliseum....those are going for around 90 for a single and 110 for a pair....not cheap, but certainly not outrageous........get used to it, bc starting next year, if the isles are any good, itll be similar...(prob a tiny bit cheaper)

I'm bracing myself for the increase in prices at the BC. I definitely don't plan on getting seats up close for next week, but I used to make a family outing to the Garden prior to the renovations for Christmas and other special occasions, and we used to get good deals for 6 tickets.

I'll probably be sitting in the 400 section.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I'm bracing myself for the increase in prices at the BC. I definitely don't plan on getting seats up close for next week, but I used to make a family outing to the Garden prior to the renovations for Christmas and other special occasions, and we used to get good deals for 6 tickets.

I'll probably be sitting in the 400 section.

meh.....i have had real bad experiences in the 400s.....

dont know your financial situation, so i dont want to come of as an a$$, but for the extra 10-12 bucks a seat, the view and people around you are so much better in the 300s (now the upper 200s)

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
meh.....i have had real bad experiences in the 400s.....

dont know your financial situation, so i dont want to come of as an a$$, but for the extra 10-12 bucks a seat, the view and people around you are so much better in the 300s (now the upper 200s)

I was afraid you'd mention something regarding the fan experience in the 400s. Doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the heads up, it's definitely worth the extra few bucks to be able to enjoy the game.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

I was at the game in January at the garden when we had that come from behind victory. celebrating after the goals clearly pissed off a few rags fans, one closeby was even talking some **** to me, but in my opinion we have to deal with them at the coli, so F them. I enjoyed te game and talked **** back to the idiot who was flapping at me, and the ushers knew he was the culprit. Don't let idiots stop you from enjoying or coming to the game and sitting wherever youd like

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
What section you guys sitting in? It looks like on stubhub you can't get two together without sitting at the top and dropping $120. Do you think they'll drop between now and the game or no?

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
section 208! go on stubhub they're giving 5% off for all nhl tickets. really good seats where isles shoot twice, i'm so excited

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
What are your guys experiences going to games there? I'm not scared of any Ranger fans or anything, but I really wouldn't want to spend money only to find out I'll get harassed the entire game and possibly have beer spilled on me etc. I'm a respectful fan, I would understand that I'm in another teams arena and not act crazy or anything, so I wouldn't be drawing any attention to myself (unless you consider getting up and clapping for a goal as drawing attention).

DktrFaustus

Dec 22, 2011
brooklyn
What are your guys experiences going to games there? I'm not scared of any Ranger fans or anything, but I really wouldn't want to spend money only to find out I'll get harassed the entire game and possibly have beer spilled on me etc. I'm a respectful fan, I would understand that I'm in another teams arena and not act crazy or anything, so I wouldn't be drawing any attention to myself (unless you consider getting up and clapping for a goal as drawing attention).

you'll get a few snide remarks, but as long as you're respectful, there's a 99% chance that no one will touch you or pour beer on you.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

The security at the garden is pretty legit, def better than at the coliseum. If you just mind your business and watch the game without going overboard, no one will even say anything. If your getting into yap battles with idiots then yeah something is more likely to happen. Honestly, anyone that pours a beer on anyone or anything like that is going to get tossed from the game, and no one wants to flush $150+ down the toilet for a stupid reason

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I'll be there section 102. One of my vendors from taking my boss and I. Unfortunately my boss is a huge rags fan but I'll be there rocking my JT shirt. Let's get a big win here and keep it going !!!!

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC

It's MSG after the renovation. The guy in the XL Messier jersey that is three sizes too small is watching on TV. He can't afford a ticket even in the cheapest seats. Your biggest worry will be a 10 year old from Scarsdale spilling his Coke on you as he tries to get by with his father.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee

I think the rags making the SCF last year kinda helped with the increase in ticket prices, not to mention the 3 year renovation process that the garden just got finished with last year. Plus they are a big market team. I can't even bare to think what ticket prices are in Toronto, and they haven't been a good team in a while, where as the rangers have made the playoffs every year except one since the 05 lockout, and are usually good to make at least the 2nd round

giddy up*

It's MSG after the renovation. The guy in the XL Messier jersey that is three sizes too small is watching on TV. He can't afford a ticket even in the cheapest seats. Your biggest worry will be a 10 year old from Scarsdale spilling his Coke on you as he tries to get by with his father.

:laugh:

Well done. And probably very accurate.

Hyphistos

Jul 16, 2012
Vienna

As a European who is used to completely different experiences from football, I think it was the most harmless away game in a local rivalry I've ever been. Anyway there were a lot of Isles fans there, but besides some funny shouts from both sides which were not aggressive at all, I wouldn't even have noticed that this is a rivalry game. Also I saw a lot of groups were parts were Rangers fans and parts Islanders, so that also helps I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad