Rogers Place: Countdown to the Grand Opening part I(post your experiences)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
What does the crowd sound like there? Does if feel a little louder with the way the building looms over itself?

Also, do the pissers have dividers? nothing worse than having to shove your tallywhacker into the urinal so the creep next to you with the roving eye doesn't get a gander.

The crowd was...an Oil Kings special event crowd. Most people were there for the arena opening and not too "into" the game. Nice and loud during goals, but otherwise...polite?

Hopefully the Oilers crowds make some noise early and often, because the acoustics are perfect for deafening crowd sound.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
No dividers.

giphy.gif

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
The crowd was...an Oil Kings special event crowd. Most people were there for the arena opening and not too "into" the game. Nice and loud during goals, but otherwise...polite?

Hopefully the Oilers crowds make some noise early and often, because the acoustics are perfect for deafening crowd sound.

God, that's depressing. Those kids deserve better.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
God, that's depressing. Those kids deserve better.

It's true, I saw lots of people leave after the first. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, especially since I know people who wanted to watch the game but were unable to get tickets. I mean, go to the open house or the WCH screening or at very least stick it out for the game.

As for Rogers, I wanted to see the on ice projection system, but I think they're saving that for the Oilers. Other than that I have no complaints. It'll be a fantastic home for our hockey, there is some wrinkles to be ironed out but that's to be expected.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if people left so early because they had young children. The game didn't end up starting until 8:30. Lots were gone in the third period.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if people left so early because they had young children. The game didn't end up starting until 8:30. Lots were gone in the third period.

Nah we talked to people who said they just wanted to see the rink.
Even then, it's a Saturday night game. No one should have been expecting the game to leave by 10 anyways.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Nah we talked to people who said they just wanted to see the rink.
Even then, it's a Saturday night game. No one should have been expecting the game to leave by 10 anyways.
That's pretty weak then.

Most of the kids in the sections near me were gone by the end of the second or second intermission.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Goal horn sounds amazing IMO.

The traditional Rexall goal horn merged with the air raid siren is brilliant.

It's going to be iconic, like Washington's goal horn.

It's also going to piss a lot of opposing fans off.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
No dividers.

So weak. I've heard here twice that there are no dividers, but baggedmilk from ON said that there were when he went, so I was, and still am a bit confused.

Yeah, I figured it'd be hard to tell in the Oil Kings game. Will probably have to wait till opening night to see how loud the barn is.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Maybe the gulf between the WHL and the AJHL is not as large as I thought.

If I understand correctly playing in the AJHL does not affect your NCAA eligibility. If you play Major Junior then you can't play US college hockey in the future. There are players in Junior A who are good or enough to be playing in the WHL but choose not to for this reason.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
If I understand correctly playing in the AJHL does not affect your NCAA eligibility. If you play Major Junior then you can't play US college hockey in the future. There are players in Junior A who are good or enough to be playing in the WHL but choose not to for this reason.

You are correct, you cant even play a pre season WHL game or you lose your USA college eligibility.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Goal horn sounds amazing IMO.

The traditional Rexall goal horn merged with the air raid siren is brilliant.

It's going to be iconic, like Washington's goal horn.

It's also going to piss a lot of opposing fans off.

Just youtubed it. Incredible. Although they need to tweak that music, because once again (and I'm sure it's just for Oil Kings) its girly.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So weak. I've heard here twice that there are no dividers, but baggedmilk from ON said that there were when he went, so I was, and still am a bit confused.
Hmm. Maybe they are adding them. The bathroom outside 220 didn't have any yet. Those kind of urinals should have dividers though.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
It's true, I saw lots of people leave after the first. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, especially since I know people who wanted to watch the game but were unable to get tickets. I mean, go to the open house or the WCH screening or at very least stick it out for the game.

As for Rogers, I wanted to see the on ice projection system, but I think they're saving that for the Oilers. Other than that I have no complaints. It'll be a fantastic home for our hockey, there is some wrinkles to be ironed out but that's to be expected.

Maybe they all went out for a smoke and couldn't get back in :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad