Rogers Place: Countdown to the Grand Opening part I(post your experiences)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
For those watching, are the Oil Kings attacking left to right in the first and third periods as they did at Rexall? Or is it switched?
Left to right twice. At Rexall they attacked right to left twice. Technically the Oilers and Oil Kings are on the same bench as before since the camera just switched sides.

Yeah I assumed it just went once before the video started.
It did.

They showed the third period of RUS/CAN because of the delay and played the Oilers horn for the three Canada goals. I'm guessing the air raid is an Oil Kings-only thing.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Hmm. Maybe they are adding them. The bathroom outside 220 didn't have any yet. Those kind of urinals should have dividers though.

maybe only the loge seat people get dividers.

it's nice to have dividers but not that big of a deal. just use a cubicle if you're shy.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton

it's nice to have dividers but not that big of a deal. just use a cubicle if you're shy.

I agree...how is this any different than any stand up urnal we have all been using for 30 years? Get closer and splash yourself if your shy...total non issue in my opinion

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Nope. Reminds me in there of the Dixie Chicks song "Wide Open Spaces" in the can. I'm used to the cramped confines of Rexall.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I agree...how is this any different than any stand up urnal we have all been using for 30 years? Get closer and splash yourself if your shy...total non issue in my opinion
I saw a guy pretty much inside the urinal yesterday lol

I must say the urinals are pretty nice. They are those fancy no splash ones that save a ton of water, I think.

Last edited:

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
That's a great choice of music

Yea, I'm no Nikki Minaj fan myself, but I like the energy of that song as a goal song, it works really well. If the Oilers decide to go with a different choice of song, I hope it has good energy like that. As long as they get away from that Metric song too I will be happy.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Adam Carolla had a great bit about why urinals need dividers in one of his books. I wish I could remember it, but he nailed it. But, who said it's some big issue? I swear, you can't mention anything offhandedly on these boards without someone being affronted.

Timo

May 23, 2007
Edmonton
I didn't see any dividers at the urinals. My trick is to just not look at other people's privates.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I didn't see any dividers at the urinals. My trick is to just not look at other people's privates.

You're missing out.

giphy.gif

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

I don't care about it either, but man the media keeps going on about how this arena is just unlike anything else that exists in North America.

I don't think people are out of line to expect modern elements like urinal dividers or cup holders if this is actually the greatest arena ever built.

werkitout

Oct 7, 2015
Edmonton
If I understand correctly playing in the AJHL does not affect your NCAA eligibility. If you play Major Junior then you can't play US college hockey in the future. There are players in Junior A who are good or enough to be playing in the WHL but choose not to for this reason.

That is definitely the main reason, but it also better allows them to stay closer to home than the WHL if that's something that's important to them.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Adam Carolla had a great bit about why urinals need dividers in one of his books. I wish I could remember it, but he nailed it. But, who said it's some big issue? I swear, you can't mention anything offhandedly on these boards without someone being affronted.

I thought you believed it to be a issue, actually. you specifically posted the question on here then complained that someone might accidently glace down and see your junk.

then we were commenting on how it isn't a big deal. don't ask a question and then not expect some replies.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
the SportsNet sections wall decals are pretty sick...I wish I could post pics from my phone but not sure how to on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad