Rogers Place:3: the search for perfection

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
glad garth is out of town. back to our regularly scheduled programming. get hot in march boys!

The funny thing is we really had nothing planned for those dates anyway. If anything Garth did Rogers and the City of Edmonton a huge favour.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The funny thing is we really had nothing planned for those dates anyway. If anything Garth did Rogers and the City of Edmonton a huge favour.

I know, and we did so little for him, other than hand over money for 9 straight sellouts. Thankyou Garth!!:laugh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know, and we did so little for him, other than hand over money for 9 straight sellouts. Thankyou Garth!!:laugh:
Considering he probably could've done the same in a lot of other arenas it is a big deal. What else was really going to go on during those days here? Gave fans a real good chance at what was apparently real good pricing to see a legend.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
So we were complaining for years about the lack of HUGE ****ing acts coming to town, and now that they come here (for practically 2 weeks solid worth of shows from 1 Massive headliner in the Country world), people are complaining?

:shakehead

turds.

And I ain't even a country fan.

:naughty:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Considering he probably could've done the same in a lot of other arenas it is a big deal. What else was really going to go on during those days here? Gave fans a real good chance at what was apparently real good pricing to see a legend.

My point is, that it worked out pretty good for both sides.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So we were complaining for years about the lack of HUGE ****ing acts coming to town, and now that they come here (for practically 2 weeks solid worth of shows from 1 Massive headliner in the Country world), people are complaining?

:shakehead

turds.

And I ain't even a country fan.

:naughty:

Who's complaining about him being here?:amazed::shakehead

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton

Garth Brooks a business boon for Edmonton Ice District
Business booms around Rogers Place as clientele triples, according to Downtown Business Association

By Zoe Todd, CBC News Posted: Feb 26, 2017

Nine sold-out Garth Brooks concerts in Edmonton boosted business for bars, restaurants and hotels in the city's Ice District.

Brooks sold more than 140,000 tickets during a week-long streak of performances from Feb. 17 to Feb. 25 at Rogers Place. His shows tripled clientele at some nearby venues, according to Edmonton's Downtown Business Association.

Kelly's Pub on 104th Street was a patchwork of plaid and cowboy boots all week, said general manager Jennifer Diep.

"It's been amazing. It's been really, really busy," Diep said. "We're very fortunate."

Business at the pub has been steady since it opened on 104th Street four years ago, she added. But events at the new arena can easily double the day's number of customers.

"On the first two nights we let everybody in and there was no place to move," Diep said about crowds at last weekend's Garth Brooks concerts.

"It's a great bonus and we would just love for it to keep growing from here."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/garth-brooks-concert-ice-district-edmonton-business-boon-1.3999789

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
19 HOT DINING SPOTS NEAR ICE DISTRICT
Posted March 1, 2017 by Matthew Stepanic

In search of a fine-dining spot to improve on a special evening out at Rogers Place? Want to celebrate after an epic Oilers’ win or rehash an incredible pop-star performance? These downtown dining destinations will serve you everything from a memorable meal to late-night entertainment!
https://www.infoedmonton.com/article/19-hot-dining-spots-near-ice-district/

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
joestevens29;1288187[INDENT said:
[/INDENT]21]Are they really that big? Seems like someone that would play at a lot smaller of a venue

If they don't have at least 10,000 people there, I'll quit this board.
from the buzz I'm hearing, I wouldn't be shocked it they sold out the place, or came really close.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Hey guys, how are you? I'm fine, thanks for asking. Bit of a chest cold, I'll be fine.

My wife and I are heading to the game on Tuesday and I was wondering which restaurants (not bars) have free game parking for customers that is walking distance to the arena.

Thanks in advance. Not sure if this is the best thread, but thought I'd try my luck before starting a new one.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Pic by TheGreatestX at C2E - steel being erected for connection between Ford Hall and JW Marriott

4t68k3kkcj2vo4t4kxq7au2ont4wc2b7.jpg

From Rogers Place renderings:
http://www.rogersplace.com/renderings/

USpXZ1W.png

bOFM4BD.png

mCxvIYb.png

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Someone i know was bragging they got concert tickets before anyone because they are a season ticket holder. Even before fan club and amex presales. Can this be true?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad