OT: Rogers Media Acquires the Score

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Lol, anyone see their trade deadline show?

Its Cam and Jackie sitting there with their laptops waiting for guys at sportsnet and SC to tweet the stuff out. They were pretty much doing everything I could do, but their on TV.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
this happened a while ago no? because they had to separate the two there media and stuff if you go to http://www.thescore.com/ that's where everything use to be but then the on air stuff moved to http://thescoretv.ca/ in the fall because of this take over maybe they just hadn't completed the sale of the entire channel until now? who knows. anyways for those who like Soccer James Sharman and Kristian Jack are by far the best Soccer analysis the footy show is amazing as well as there old podcasts which no longer exist. and like others have said some great talent has come from the score. I hope they keep the channel and start giving them more live sports programing.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
It finally got CRTC approval, so it's official now. It's been known for a while.

I personally don't like another media outlet being taken over by one of the big two. Never really was a fan of the Score, though, other than when they used to show live soccer until a few years ago.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Love it so far. Tim and Sid are way more entertaining, and actually talk sports. Got annoyed of Cam Stewart

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully this will help The Basketball Jones gain popularity, those guys cover basketball as well as anyone and Sportsnet should push them hard.

MapleLeafGardens*

I've also heard Tim and Sid will be simulcast on the Score now from 1 to 4.

I was hoping those 2 hacks Sam & Ted would go back to the score for good and get the hell off the FAN590 they suck.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
good for Rogers
the Score is pretty good, more old fashioned but a lot of information

in terms of doing a Leaf story for example, or any hockey
you'll find more details and effort in the Score's version
compared to TSN

even Sportsnet cares more about hockey than TSN

That is simply not true if it were John Garett, John shannon , Brad May, Damien Cox, Doug Maclean would ALL be fired and replaced.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I just hope they clean up some of the Score crap programming like horse racing and cards. Who actually watches that crap? They need to keep the personalities who they are though. I hope they don't change things around and make them neutered like what happened with the fan when they got bought.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The Score has a different licence than TSN and Sportsnet,which limits them to a certain amount of live sports that they can show.

Therefore, don't expect any more programming to show up on that station. Might get some more indepth wrestling (as if they need that)

Darlotto99

Jul 23, 2010
Bolton, ON
The Score has a different licence than TSN and Sportsnet,which limits them to a certain amount of live sports that they can show.

Therefore, don't expect any more programming to show up on that station. Might get some more indepth wrestling (as if they need that)

The license has been changed they can show more live sports

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
It's done. Will be interesting to see what they do with Cam Stewart now if Jackie is doing the Playoff Xtra show

ffs.. The one show I actually liked watching on there. I puked a little when I turned it on The Score a few minutes ago and saw Bob Mccown. I don't really like many on Sportsnet and really only turn it on for baseball games.

TBH I don't even like that many on The Score anymore but don't mind a few (like Jackie). TSN took all the good guys from there. But Bob Mccown is probably one of the worst of them all.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I hope the Score doesn't change too much under the new ownership, I enjoy their highlights more than TSN and I love their emphasis on basketball in the highlight packages and with Court Cuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad