Rogers broadcast schedule 2014-2015

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
At least I will not have to resort to the out of town feed on hockeystreams, or move to Belleville.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
As a fan in southwestern Ontario, I hope this at least means NHL Centre Ice will show the Sportsnet/RDS feeds for Habs fans rather than the opposing team feeds..

And to the poster above, yes, they will be blacked out in the GTA.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Excellent. The only thing left to confirm is whether or not the Sportsnet East games will be blacked out outside the Sportsnet East region. I'm in the GTA and I do get Sportsnet East on Rogers, but I suspect the games themselves will be blacked out.

I think it's safe to assume you(and I) are going to be blacked out.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Yes, you'll get blacked out. Just like you would get blacked out for Flames, Oilers or Canucks (on West/Pacific).

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Blacking out games is BS. Wasn't one of the first thing Rogers said was "no black outs" and every game will be televised everywhere"?!

I know it's and NHL issue but that's something they should have worked out when they negotiated the contract. Now I have to stream half the games while still paying full pop for the French package.

Feels like Hab fans outside of Habs region are getting hosed by this deal. I need an assistant just to tell me what games are on what channel if at all. Really pissed.

FU NHL and Rogers.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
So this regional Sportsnet will be like RDS where it's only available for viewers east of Ottawa, correct?

Yes.

So now I go from having a few games on CBC and TSN to being able to watch almost every Habs game without doing anything. What would I do without Rogers...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I'm not really familiar with all the regional rights saga but does this press release mean people on this board will stop crying they can't watch the habs.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm not really familiar with all the regional rights saga but does this press release mean people on this board will stop crying they can't watch the habs.

Nah, this changes nothing for anyone outside of the Habs region.

Not directed at your Adriatic but the thread. With hockeystreams, how good is the stream using ps3 and how good should my internet be because I don't have the greatest bandwidth right now as I'm using Bell fibe 5/1. I'm pretty cheap, so if I'm going to spend 70 bucks for 6 months of hockeystreams I need to make sure it's good enough to play with good quality.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

those that live in the Sportsnet East region will stop complaining. Doesn't change anything for the Habs fans from the West.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Should be coast to coast on the same channel.

Those Rogers people are total amateurs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-sportsnet-ink-new-regional-deal/

Disappointing news for English-speaking Habs fans NOT in Eastern Canada. Despite saying “The Canadiens are one of the most storied franchises in all of sports", they're still getting treated like a regional team.

If youre not in the 'sportsnet east' region (East of Belleville), you will be able to see about 40 or so Habs games, english or french (less if you dont have TVA).
Right now, the only way to get the other 40 games, is paying $200 for NHL Centre Ice.

I really do think the Rogers deal was good for the NHL. But if you're a habs fan who lives anywhere other than Quebec, youre one of the few fans who actually get LESS games available to you with the new Rogers/TVA deal.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Blacking out games is BS. Wasn't one of the first thing Rogers said was "no black outs" and every game will be televised everywhere"?!

I know it's and NHL issue but that's something they should have worked out when they negotiated the contract. Now I have to stream half the games while still paying full pop for the French package.

Feels like Hab fans outside of Habs region are getting hosed by this deal. I need an assistant just to tell me what games are on what channel if at all. Really pissed.

FU NHL and Rogers.
The no blackouts are for the Sun. Wed. and Sat. games. Remember that RDS made it difficult for Habs fans across Canada when they took over the Saturday Habs games and subsequent playoff games from SRC.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
The Habs broadcasting schedule will be the most confusing thing since my linear algebra course in university.

Wexford habs fan

Aug 16, 2014
The Habs broadcasting schedule will be the most confusing thing since my linear algebra course in university.

If you survived Linear Algebra I'm willing to bet the mortgage you know how to use your Cable or Satellite TV guide. You are a self proclaimed Habs fan which is ample evidence of your superior intelligence...On the other hand Bruins fans could get lost in a phone booth

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
If you survived Linear Algebra I'm willing to bet the mortgage you know how to use your Cable or Satellite TV guide. You are a self proclaimed Habs fan which is ample evidence of your superior intelligence...On the other hand Bruins fans could get lost in a phone booth

"Survived" is a big word. Seeing as most games will be on SN East and City I should be fine.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Is there some app i can download on my android tablet where i would be able to watch habs game in stream when i'm not home?

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
They have made this so damn confusing. Stupid phone companies.

So if I pay $200 for game centre, will I be able to see Habs games in Toronto? What about the French equivalent?

Of course you will. Why would you be confused. The entire point of GC is to get out of market games.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
It is only confusing if you don't want to get it.

Outside the Habs region - you need GCL or Center Ice to watch all games. You can also get the Rogers channels and get 40 games.

If you are in the Habs region - you can watch all games if you get RDS/TVA Sports or SNE/City + Rogers channels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad