News Article: Rodion Amirov passes away

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
His agent, Dan Milstein, announced the news Monday afternoon.

From the moment he received the news, he refused to speak in the negative, determined to enjoy every day, facing it with the same positive attitude he showed during his hockey career,” Milstein said. “We will always remember his courage, his desire, his will, his smile, all of the great things about him. We’d like to thank his doctors, who took great care of him. We’d like to thank the Toronto Maple Leafs and his KHL – Salavat Yulayev Ufa team. Both did everything possible to help in any way, do whatever was necessary for Rodion and the Amirov family. And we’d like to thank hockey fans all over the world who sent notes of encouragement and best wishes over the past two years. They meant so much to the Amirov family.

Reactions: aingefan

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
RIP Rodion. Honestly didn't think he'd play again, at least for a few years, but didn't realize his condition had worsened to this degree. So young ... such a sad situation for his family

Reactions: LeafSteel

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’m a Habs fan coming here to show you my respect. I feel so sorry for your loss.

I was really pulling for him and was hoping that he would have a nice and long NHL career. My heart sank when I read the news.

Rest in peace and condolences to the Leafs organization and Amirov’s family and friends.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
RIP young man

So young. Goes from being a possibly starting an NHL career to being diagnosed with Cancer.
How things change so quickly in life

RIP buddy. Too young, too soon

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
RIP Rodion. This is a big of a shocker considering the most recent reports of his recovery and planning to skate soon, but with such a terrible disease things can change quickly.

Very sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad