Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XB1/Switch)

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
So is it easier to get materials now? What killed me was never having enough materials to upgrade the high level loot that I was getting. Got to the point where I felt so far behind I couldn't face the grind to get back to par.

Anyway - back to RL - I am absolutely terrible around the goal on defense. I can't tell you how many times I'm in a perfect position to make a save and I just miss the ball by 20 feet. I score lots of goals though.

Also, if there aren't any speed or boost differences between the cars isn't it best to use the big trucks so that you have a larger hitbox to make contact with the ball? Considering how often I undershoot the ball by one foot that could actually make a big difference. I actually wish they would make some different attributes for the different cars.

Also makes you easier to hit as a defender

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I think I did a strike with you and someone else, back in the day.

Can't imagine how far behind I am, now. :laugh:

Yeah I remember that. Can't for the life of me remember who our third was :laugh:. And it was a struggle too. Now we beat Summoning pits in less than 10 minutes.

There is a lot of content to catch up to, but for someone like me who stuck with it, I can't play solo anymore. I've finished all the missions and I get bored with crucible because it's playing with a bunch of headless chickens. When you're with friends in a fireteam the experience is so much better.

So is it easier to get materials now? What killed me was never having enough materials to upgrade the high level loot that I was getting. Got to the point where I felt so far behind I couldn't face the grind to get back to par.

Yeah, you can pretty much buy materials and not grind for them by patrolling planets. You still need character materials and weapon parts you can get from dismantling loot.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Also, if there aren't any speed or boost differences between the cars isn't it best to use the big trucks so that you have a larger hitbox to make contact with the ball? Considering how often I undershoot the ball by one foot that could actually make a big difference. I actually wish they would make some different attributes for the different cars.

The only differences between cars is the hit boxes, and even that is pretty darn minimal. The top players say to use whichever car you prefer.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Hey guys, started the list for us Steam users out there. Go ahead and post your Steam ID if you wish!(Mind you, I imagine most of you are waiting for a sale :laugh:)

PS4 users, it won't matter until they get cross-platform really going, but you can add me on Steam since that would be the easier way to contact me for games when it gets going.

Edit: And I'll try to keep the PS4 table updated for new PS4 users as well.

Edit: Make sure you specify if your Steam or PSN as well please. Thanks.

Last edited:

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
I find the bigger bulkier vehicles are better for D-fense and the smaller flat vehicles are easier to score with. Especially when flipping.

I really only use Sweet Tooth right now cause he's awesome.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I'm pretty sure it's already been stated that the difference is only hitboxes, not speed or jump height or anything.

As for waiting for a sale on Steam, are you kidding me?! The game is EASILY worth $20 USD!!!!!

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Unlocked Sweet Tooth. Have no idea how. I definitely didn't have wins with every car since there are some I haven't even used yet and didn't have three wins in a row either, which seems to be the other way of getting him.

Also, played like 6 straight matches with two friends against this guy called OscarsGarbageCan and two others. This guy was insane, he scored 4 or 5 goals every single game and was just flying all over the place.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I think my problem right now is I think too offensively, I should have made a couple saves in one game but I wasn't thinking about it.

Edit: Also, I definitely agree that the game is worth $20. However I could understand some being hesitant with some of the reported server problems. Though they certainly have come a long way since last week.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Sign me up. Psn Gempire

what game mode is most popular? I'm always stuck waiting about 5 minutes before I finally find a match.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
My steam id is cody275, been playing on there quite a bit the last couple days.

PS4 should hopefully be fixed in the near future, not sure how long until I end up getting it fixed though. I think I just need a new power supply. PSN is also cody275.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
This game is surprisingly addictive. Played for three hours straight last night and didn't even notice the time go by.

Definitely a steep learning curve at first, but the tutorials are helpful. I'd like to join the PS4 club, PSN is The_IceisRight.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
My timing is getting worse again. :laugh:

...I mean, doesn't help that I've been trying really hard for an aerial goal lately...but still!

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
This game is a lot of fun..but it's sooo frustrating when you have a wide open net and your teammate comes out of nowhere and knocks you 30 feet in the air :laugh:

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Sign me up also for ps4

steafo18

You can also add me if you are playing NHL16 when it comes out. I will be looking for a club since I am a 360 to ps4 convert. I play NHL 15 right now quite a bit if you're looking to team up in a team OTP or anything. Basically...BE MY FRIEND! :sarcasm:

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Okay, updated the roster tables.

Have to say it's really cool to see it doing well on Steam as well.

Be curious to see where Rocket League sits once the hype passes.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Seems like the servers are always done whenever I want to play.. :(

Atrkl

Dec 31, 2007
Phoenix
Ever since I hit level 20, the matchmaking has just died for me... anyone else having the problem or is it just me?

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Posted this in the PS4 thread, but I played last night for the first time. Will definitely be playing this again!

PS4 gamertag - crandell84

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
CJ-MUXMWwAAppIx.jpg:large

Love this game. :)

By the way, it took me about 80 games to realize that you can boost in the air. Felt really stupid especially considering the main "loading screen" has a car that boosts in the air in it lol. I also tried aerial tutorial but I gave up because I couldn't reach the balls. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad