Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XB1/Switch)

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Game is fun but I suck at it. Played about 4 games online on PS4 last night. Matchmaking seems strange, sometimes it would just get stuck for minutes and then I'd exit out and restart and it would put me in a game in seconds. I was able to score one nice goal where I side-boosted into the ball on the goal line.

Online is pretty chaotic. Everyone just chases the ball around right now. Also, what's up with the explosions that keep happening? How are those triggered?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Game is fun but I suck at it. Played about 4 games online on PS4 last night. Matchmaking seems strange, sometimes it would just get stuck for minutes and then I'd exit out and restart and it would put me in a game in seconds. I was able to score one nice goal where I side-boosted into the ball on the goal line.

Online is pretty chaotic. Everyone just chases the ball around right now. Also, what's up with the explosions that keep happening? How are those triggered?

Not sure what you're referencing to with the explosions. Cars can explode if somebody hits them hard enough, takes them out of the game for a few seconds. There's also I believe a tiny explosion whenever you run over an orange circle that fills up your rocket boost. Last, the ball explodes when there's a goal. Not sure if there are any other explosions going on.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not sure what you're referencing to with the explosions. Cars can explode if somebody hits them hard enough, takes them out of the game for a few seconds. There's also I believe a tiny explosion whenever you run over an orange circle that fills up your rocket boost. Last, the ball explodes when there's a goal. Not sure if there are any other explosions going on.

How hard do you have to hit someone for that to happen? I ram people all the time and they don't usually explode.

Anyone want to start a team on here? I feel like this game could be amazing if you play with the same people for a while. With randoms there's too much chasing of the ball.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
This looks like a game that came out in 1999 for the n64. :laugh: I'm really excited. Not enough of these types anymore

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
When I tried on Rookie, my AI took it from the offensive zone back to their own net slowly.

However, when I moved up to Pro, my AI was like Messi and was just bailing me out left and right.

Haven't tried All-Star yet to see how AI is on that one.

I have only played on Pro difficulty, so hopefully the teammate AI is better on All-Star. My teammate bots constantly come out of nowhere to push the ball to corner when I have an empty net in front of me. They also really enjoy pushing the ball back to our own zone and sometimes even to our own goal. Opposing AI likes to score own goals too though, so I guess it evens it out lol.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Already unlocked 75% of the trophies since starting it up yesterday, looked at some of the otherones and Jesus it will take along time to unlock the drive 500km one. I played an exhibition vs my self (2 controllers) and spent the whole time just driving around the arena boosting for the whole 5 minutes. Barely traveled more than 1 KM

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Seriously the greatest game ever. Can't wait for the servers to be stable.

Do we have a PS4 team yet?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This weekend I'm totally doing 4 player split screen with lots of beers and some buds to this game. Seems basically like the ultimate drinking game. I'm just dying to get home from work so I can play it some more haha. I haven't been this into a game for a long time, especially a competitive one. Usually I'm all about story mode games nowadays.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
How is it on PC with KB+M? Controller pretty much necessary like it is with racing games?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
How is it on PC with KB+M? Controller pretty much necessary like it is with racing games?

I have it on Steam, and when the game boots up it recommends using a controller. I haven't bothered trying it with keyboard/mouse for obvious reasons.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
That has not been my experience at all. In fact, I feel I score far less often when using the boost. When boosting, I just end up sending the ball high or wide.

This was on rookie mode. I tried changing it up to pro but its crazy everyone knows when to jump to hit those balls that are just floating in the air.

You know what would make this game fun? Weapons.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This was on rookie mode. I tried changing it up to pro but its crazy everyone knows when to jump to hit those balls that are just floating in the air.

You know what would make this game fun? Weapons.

So you complain it's too easy, but refuse to up the difficulty to something harder.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
"I'm gonna play on the mode where the bots don't boost, and complain that I can boost everywhere and score goals. This game is too easy."
"Harder difficulties are too hard."

:facepalm:

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
"I'm gonna play on the mode where the bots don't boost, and complain that I can boost everywhere and score goals. This game is too easy."
"Harder difficulties are too hard."

:facepalm:

Whatever, enjoy your game. :handclap:

Edit: You guys all act like your the developers of the game or something. Face it, not everyone will like this game. I decided to post my opinions and you jumped all over it. My bad for that i guess.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Dammit, play the whole season like a breeze, make it to the finals and 22 seconds away from championship. CPU scores 2 goals and then immediately in OT.

Really don't know I want to try again, game is ok but gets old fairly quick.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Dammit, play the whole season like a breeze, make it to the finals and 22 seconds away from championship. CPU scores 2 goals and then immediately in OT.

Really don't know I want to try again, game is ok but gets old fairly quick.

If all you are playing is single player sure absolutly, but online with friends is quite fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad