Music: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020: Doobies, mode, T Rex, Biggie, NIN,

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Looks and sounds like there is still some bad blood between Pinder and the Blues. For those who like the Blues will recall right before Pinder left he had a go at drummer, Graeme Edge and more or less told him he was just a drummer, nothing else and let the creative people do their thing. He has apologised several times and judging by his previous interviews on the subject he knows he hit a nerve.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
In watching the blues and how they reacted--I get the feeling that it is more Hayward then anyone else who now has a problem with Pinder. That is one of the reasons I think that we saw pinder sort of hug Edge for the most part. I think Edge has forgiven Pinder and the manor which he left the band--but Hayward stood as far away as he could from him and when Pinder got close to him--Hayward hugged Wilson

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
for those who do not know about what lead up to Pinder leaving the band. Here is the coles notes

The band had a rule--whoever brought a song to the group got credit for the song and the royalties--Hayward and Lodge are the main writers in the band with everyone else trying to catch up. During the recording of Pinder's last album with the band. Pinder had an idea for a song and he knew he had to sell Lodge and Hayward on the song--while in the recording studio Edge(the drummer) chimed in on something and Pinder told him to either shut the f*** up or don't get involved you are just the drummer. Either way (This is Pinder saying he said it BTW) that caused a riff in the band. During the same time the band was getting ready to go on the road..Pinder had moved from the UK to California and he was happy there. Over a three or five week period, Pinder changed his mind about 12 times about going back on tour with the band. According to everyone involved, in one case Lodge called up at say noon and Pinder agreed to tour, Hayward called up at 1 pm and he was told Pinder was not touring. This went on for awhile. I did not realize how bad the blood was towards him from the rest of the band

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Yet Pearl Jam is in.

I don't have a horse in the race, but it should also be about body of work and if a band like Pearl Jam is in then I see no reason why Radiohead wouldn't be.

hmmm maybe because Pearl Jam were the biggest american band going in the 90's and have created amazing music at the same time?
Radiohead are not on the same level.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
And Bon Jovi are just awful. Never heard a band use as many cliches and such in a single song as they do. Just awful lyrics.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
hmmm maybe because Pearl Jam were the biggest american band going in the 90's and have created amazing music at the same time?
Radiohead are not on the same level.

Radiohead were a very big band, here in the States no less, as well in the 90s and have created amazing music at the same time. In fact they arguably have a much better catalogue than Pearl Jam. Radiohead are easily on the same level.

I'd also argue that Pearl Jam weren't bigger than Nirvana then and certainly aren't now.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
I don't think I heard any member of the Moody Blues mention the recently deceased member during their induction speeches. That's strange.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
PRETEND NOMINEES FOR THE 2019 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

file.php

PICK 1 SOLO MALE, 1 SOLO FEMALE, 4 BANDS/GROUPS

OR

PICK 2 SOLO MALE, 2 SOLO FEMALE, 2 BANDS/GROUPS

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm not in love with Radiohead or anything, but they're better and probably more notable in terms of fame and influence than Pearl Jam, IMO.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
going back to the moody blues and why Pinder did not speak--the blues camp is saying he is suffering from Alzheimers and can not speak correctly--the Pinder camp said he was able to speak

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Judas Priest should be in before any other metal band, they single-handedly invented the genre. And yes I'm aware of Black Sabbath but they still were a heavy rock band. Priest was the first true metal band and was the main influence for what became the 'New Wave of British Heavy Metal'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad