Music: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020: Doobies, mode, T Rex, Biggie, NIN,

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
PRESENTERS FOR THE 2018 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES ANNOUNCED…

Howard Stern to present Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi will perform).
Brandon Flowers of The Killers to present The Cars (The Cars will perform).
????? for Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler not attending.
Ann Wilson of Heart to present The Moody Blues (The Moody Blues will perform).
Mary J. Blige to present Nina Simone. Andra Day to perform for Nina Simone.
Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes to present and perform for Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

Mary J. Blige, Brandon Flowers to Present at Rock Hall of Fame Induction
Ann Wilson, Brittany Howard and Andra Day will also honor class of 2018
Mary J. Blige, Brandon Flowers to Present at Rock Hall of Fame Induction

Mary J. Blige, Alabama Shakes' Howard among Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2018 presenters
Mary J. Blige, Alabama Shakes' Howard among Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2018 presenters

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I still can't believe The Guess Who haven't been inducted. With some individuals and bands that aren't even known for playing Rock music being in the Hall, you have to wonder what criteria is required in order to get in.

The-Guess-Who_1200-e1471556615154-800x449.jpg

:jets

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Well, The Guess Who just weren't big enough in the US. That is probably why. They had some success there sure but I think generally speaking it probably wasn't near enough.

Plus, which of the roughly 1000 different members of the band would you put in? :sarcasm:

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, The Guess Who just weren't big enough in the US. That is probably why. They had some success there sure but I think generally speaking it probably wasn't near enough.

Plus, which of the roughly 1000 different members of the band would you put in? :sarcasm:

Not sure how you can claim they weren't big enough in the U.S. There are other members in the Hall right now including international acts that are probably a lot less known than The Guess Who. I would have to think there aren't too many hard core rock and roll fans that have never heard 'American Woman' which topped the Billboard charts in 1970. The song still receives air play today. Aside from their top charting song, The Guess Who had 18 more songs that charted in the Billboard 100. The band also made several appearances on the Midnight Special music program on television with Wolfman Jack. I would think they achieved a level of notoriety with the American public with their appearances on the weekly show.

In regard to which members of the band that would represent The Guess Who should the band ever get inducted into the Hall, I would assume that you would have to include Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman for sure. Others that may get the nod would be Garry Peterson, Jim Kale, Kurt Winter (posthumously), Greg Leskiw, Bill Wallace and Donnie McDougall with the possible addition of Domenic Troiano as those were the members that were in the lineup at various times when the songs charted on the Billboard 100.

:jets

Last edited:
Reactions: peate

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Current standings at the Rock Hall museum's "Voice Your Choice" interactive fan vote. Stevie Nicks in second place!

DaqU_m4X0AAc8GN.jpg

INDUCTEES ARRIVE IN CLEVELAND

DarhJ7iUMAAX8qd

DarbIFvWkAAZJZV

DadFpCgWkAAs4lV

DaYtg6CWAAIfiV2

DarvTY1W4AEzLzn.jpg

BonJovi on getting in RockHall2018 sorry can’t censor

VIDEO

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Classic Artists Still Not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

These stars are still waiting for the induction call

Classic Artists Still Not in the Rock Hall

01. The Shangri-Las
02. Harry Nilsson
03. Dolly Parton
04. Warren Zevon
05. Kraftwerk
06. LL Cool J
07. Motorhead
08. Kate Bush
09. The Cure
10. Iron Maiden
11. Depeche Mode
12. Duran Duran
13. Janet Jackson
14. Afrika Bambaataa
15. Slayer
16. The Smiths
17. Whitney Houston

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
The Choices For Inducting Dire Straits - IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Bob Dylan * Eric Clapton * Rod Stewart * Tina Turner * Elton John * Billy Joel * Steve Miller * Bob Seger * John Fogerty * George Thorogood * Boz Scaggs * Sting * "Weird Al" Yankovic

Heard on Sirius radio today that Keith Urban was going to Induct DS and actually cancel a Vegas show...but when he hear the Mark Kn. was not coming he backed out. Then they thought Robbie Robertson was going to...now they said only a video and nothing else.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
THE ORDER OF INDUCTIONS FOR THE 2018 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY

01. Bon Jovi
02. Dire Straits
03. Sister Rosetta Tharpe
04. The Cars
05. Nina Simone
06. The Moody Blues

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
No All-Star Jam this year. The night ended with The Moody Blues performing Ride My See-Saw. They also performed Nights In White Satin, Your Wildest Dreams and I'm Just A Singer In A Rock And Roll Band. 1. I'm Just A Singer In A Rock And Roll Band, 2. Your Wildest Dreams, 3. Nights In White Satin, 4. Ride My See-Saw.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I've never understood the selection process, why is NWA and Madonna in the "Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame" yet some of the biggest metal bands of all time routinely get shafted? Last I checked the Metal genre is a hell of a lot closer to Rock than rap or whatever Madonna is considered.

Madonna is pop. You can argue if pop belongs in the rock n roll hall of fame, but if it doesn’t you’d have to throw out a lot of people. If you agree pop belongs in, then Madonna absolutely belongs in there as much as anyone.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame introduces new category for singles
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame introduces new category for singles

The songs aren't, technically, being inducted into the Rock Hall, but will be honored at the museum in a special way. Stevie Van Zandt of the E Street Band was on hand to announce the first six songs that will be recognized.

01. Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats
02. Rumble by Link Wray
03. The Twist by Chubby Checker
04. Louie Louie by The Kingsmen
05. A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum
06. Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf

This doesn't necessarily mean that the Rock Hall has given up on trying to get these artists inducted in the future. The announcement was made by Steven Van Zandt after The Cars induction and performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad