Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
High praise for Schiestel from Cassidy in that interview. Might tip the scales in any contract decision they make.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
No harm in keeping him as an option for the Amerks, I guess. My hope for him rebounding from his knee injury and rediscovering any NHL upside he had is gone though. I wonder if they try to get him on an AHL contract though rather than qualifying him again.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
What do you think are the chances that they retain Crawford? Looks like the type of player who could decide to go to Europe, although I always liked him and wouldn't mind him staying if he wants to.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
What do you think are the chances that they retain Crawford? Looks like the type of player who could decide to go to Europe, although I always liked him and wouldn't mind him staying if he wants to.

I see him being more likely to be retained than Schiestel. Other than the first monthish of the season when the Amerks had like 10 defensemen on the roster, he's been in the lineup regularly and seeing most of the special teams time with Biega. There doesn't seem to be many prospects challenging him, MacKenzie seemingly the only one making major improvements. JGL is far from being a top minutes guy, Schiestel is a downgrade offensively, Bailen is doesn't have the physical edge, and Lepkowski is an unknown. Really, the only guys better in the system are Biega, Pysyk who will likely be in the NHL next year, and who knows if McCabe will be with the Amerks.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I see him being more likely to be retained than Schiestel. Other than the first monthish of the season when the Amerks had like 10 defensemen on the roster, he's been in the lineup regularly and seeing most of the special teams time with Biega. There doesn't seem to be many prospects challenging him, MacKenzie seemingly the only one making major improvements. JGL is far from being a top minutes guy, Schiestel is a downgrade offensively, Bailen is doesn't have the physical edge, and Lepkowski is an unknown. Really, the only guys better in the system are Biega, Pysyk who will likely be in the NHL next year, and who knows if McCabe will be with the Amerks.
With Darcy's phobia of D shortage he will resign them all, including Biega if he will come back.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
and who knows if McCabe will be with the Amerks.

McCabe might never see the Amerks at all.

He'll be in Wisconsin next year for his junior season.

The year after? My bet is that he finishes his senior year at Wisky and then I think his chances are high that he makes the jump directly to the big club

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
McCabe might never see the Amerks at all.

He'll be in Wisconsin next year for his junior season.

The year after? My bet is that he finishes his senior year at Wisky and then I think his chances are high that he makes the jump directly to the big club

I think he spends half a season, gets called up, and never sent back down. It would be pretty awesome if he could make the direct jump though.

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
From interviews I've heard with Rolston, he always seemed to find the positives no matter what (speaking only of his time with Rochester). Cassidy seemed to find the criticisms of himself, which is quite a difference. I imagine that the Amerks fans would prefer a coach like him after Rolston was criticized for running his team like a pee-wee team.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
High praise for Schiestel from Cassidy in that interview. Might tip the scales in any contract decision they make.

For everybody's sake just let him sign elsewhere. It is not a surprise at how well he finished two years in row, but it seems the team just will not let him get back into the top prospects line. Even before his last injury RR stated he was one of their best D and now CC has mirrored that comment. So if that is how Two coaches have felt, what is the problem?

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
Looks like Vancouver's going to be looking for a place to put their prospects. How would we feel about taking some of theirs? I'm guessing that Jensen guy would be pretty good:sarcasm:

@icetimecleve Sources say Vancouver likely to keep former Rivermen team dormant next season and loan prospects to other AHL teams.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looks like Vancouver's going to be looking for a place to put their prospects. How would we feel about taking some of theirs? I'm guessing that Jensen guy would be pretty good:sarcasm:

@icetimecleve Sources say Vancouver likely to keep former Rivermen team dormant next season and loan prospects to other AHL teams.

Heh. I hope they have finally put to rest the idea of a dual affiliation.

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
Heh. I hope they have finally put to rest the idea of a dual affiliation.

Dual affiliation is different though. This is more like the year before the Texas Stars came about and Dallas was distributing their prospects throughout the league. I don't think it would hurt to have some of our higher ceiling prospects have some talent to play with.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Dual affiliation is different though. This is more like the year before the Texas Stars came about and Dallas was distributing their prospects throughout the league. I don't think it would hurt to have some of our higher ceiling prospects have some talent to play with.

Given that Rochester might be hurting in a big way for capable Dmen and some scoring, I could very much see us taking on a couple of kids.

Gaunce centering Armia in Rochester?

Sweatt as some scoring depth maybe?

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
Given that Rochester might be hurting in a big way for capable Dmen and some scoring, I could very much see us taking on a couple of kids.

Gaunce centering Armia in Rochester?

Sweatt as some scoring depth maybe?

That's the way that I look at it. I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Sabres would have no say in who they get, since everyone would want Jensen if that was the case.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I can see the complaining from the usual suspects now:

Regier gets one or more of them: "Typical cheap Regier getting plugs to fill out the AHL roster"

Regier doesn't get any of them: "Regier just sits on his hands while other teams add good talent to their roster!"

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I can see the complaining from the usual suspects now:

Regier gets one or more of them: "Typical cheap Regier getting plugs to fill out the AHL roster"

Regier doesn't get any of them: "Regier just sits on his hands while other teams add good talent to their roster!"

Can you blame them? It's completely true and they should be frustrated.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's the way that I look at it. I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Sabres would have no say in who they get, since everyone would want Jensen if that was the case.

The issue I have with dual affiliations, even if it is just a couple of players, is that the farm team is now at the mercy of two different clubs. There will be more upheavel, more chance of recalls due to injury because it's two teams that will impact the minor league roster.

I'd rather Regier did something completely against type and actually worked up a team capable of winning their division and making a deep playoff run with talent signed from either his prospect pool or minor league/AHL contracts.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The issue I have with dual affiliations, even if it is just a couple of players, is that the farm team is now at the mercy of two different clubs. There will be more upheavel, more chance of recalls due to injury because it's two teams that will impact the minor league roster.

I'd rather Regier did something completely against type and actually worked up a team capable of winning their division and making a deep playoff run with talent signed from either his prospect pool or minor league/AHL contracts.

You're right. There's no bonus to having another player's prospects on your team, outside of saving on an AHL vet salary. You can get equivalent (and more stable) production from an AHL veteran without the risk of losing that production to call-up. We want our prospects on the team because they need to be developing somewhere not (generally) because they make the Amerks a better team. We get nothing out of using Amerks space to develop another team's prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad