Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
McNabb was pretty good tonight. His goal was a nice toe drag and a great finish - he actually shot the puck! They capitalized on pretty much all their chances tonight. It was good to see. The team has the potential to be extremely dangerous this year.

Porter is stepping it up too. Interesting to see him in an offensive role this year as opposed to what he was like with the Sabres.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Only saw about half the game, non-sequentially. Big win obviously but it wasn't a dominating win, as was alluded to a few comments up. McNabb looked really confident out there. I suppose it can be fun being demoted to the AHL when you know it's only for one game. Solid performance from Hackett. Bit of an ugly hit from Armia, though I'd like to see a proper replay. The result was certainly violent-looking. I was surprised no one went after him.

Most times I watch the Amerks I come away loving Freddy Roy. Too bad he doesn't have a bit more ability or he'd make a great 3rd liner in the NHL.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@AmerksHockey

Watch #Amerks hockey and skate at the #FrozenFrontier for just $20: https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1637209-37xiNLwusz

Ba0xadwIcAAa6jE.jpg:large

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
What's Ristolainen's status? Still on IR? Will he likely be released to the WJC if healthy?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Is anyone here going to the Frozen Frontier game on Friday?

I am absolutely pumped for this! With the snow we've had recently and the cold temperatures, this could be a beauty of an event for WNY hockey fans.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Is this sold out already? A bit last minute (wasn't expecting to be out of work for this game), but I'd like to go.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Is this sold out already? A bit last minute (wasn't expecting to be out of work for this game), but I'd like to go.

I don't think that it's sold out, but i don't think that you can get multiple tickets together, at this point. I know they are going for pretty steep prices on craigslist and such. Could be worth it though...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
‏@AmerksHockey - GOAALLL! The puck drops, and 11 seconds later Jamie Tardif gives the #Amerks a 1-0 lead. Porter with the assist.
@kevinoDandC - And it takes the #Amerks 11 seconds to score. Jamie Tardif, in on RW, deke, goes 5-hole.
@AmerksHockey - With that goal, Tardif extends his season-long point streak to 6 games.
@AmerksHockey - GOAALLL! Kevin Porter scores his 8th of the year off a nice pass from Phil Varone, and the #Amerks lead 2-0 with 2:29 remaining in the 1st.
@AmerksHockey - Thats it for the 1st period. #Amerks head to intermission with a 2-0 lead over the Monsters.

‏@AmerksHockey - Lake Erie cuts the lead in half on the PP as Oliver scores. #Amerks now ahead 2-1 in the 2nd.
@AmerksHockey - Lake Erie ties it at 2 on a wrap-around from Carey. Brand new hockey game here at the Blue Cross Arena.
@AmerksHockey - GOAALLL! And just like that, Mike Zigomanis gives the #Amerks a 3-2 lead with 28 seconds left in the 2nd.
@kevinoDandC - Mike Zigomanis plays sniper. Off the rush, a 3-on-3 that is misplayed by the LEM. Zig uses D-man Karl Stollery as a screen. #Amerks 3-2.

‏@AmerksHockey - Just 8 seconds in, Jamie Tardif is awarded a penalty shot after getting hauled down on a breakaway.
@AmerksHockey - GOALLL! Tardif buries the penalty shot attempt top shelf, and the #Amerks lead 4-2.
@kevinoDandC - Straight in with speed, deke to backhand, to forehand, and Jamie Tardif goes top shelf. Over glove of Aittokallio. #Amerks 4-2.
@kevinoDandC - Last successful #Amerks penalty shot: David Brine, vs. Manitoba's Curtis Sanford, on Jan. 23, 2009.
@kevinoDandC - I have no idea when the #Amerks last had 2 penalty shots in back-to-back games. Alex Hutchings failed to score at Grand Rapids on Saturday.
‏@AmerksHockey - Long distance view of Jamie Tardif's penalty shot goal in the third >> http://instagram.com/p/hzdDNTAPlb/
‏@AmerksHockey - There's the buzzer! #Amerks hold on to defeat @monstershockey 4-2.
‏@AmerksHockey - With 2 goals, Jamie Tardif is your first star of the game! #Amerks
‏@AmerksHockey - The next time we take on the Monsters will be under the lights at Frontier Field. Bring on the #FrozenFrontier!

LaxSabre - Amerks with goals early and late in periods gives them a 4-2 win.
Next Game - Friday, December 13 - vs Lake Erie Monsters - "Frozen Frontier" - Frontier Field - 7:05 pm ET. Go Amerks!

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Jamie Tardiff shows up to play at the beginning of periods! Buffalo could use someone like that. :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Amerks 29th in Possession Close in the AHL. Wonderful. Someone needs to tell these guys that having the puck matters.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Amerks 29th in Possession Close in the AHL. Wonderful. Someone needs to tell these guys that having the puck matters.

I lay a lot of that at Cassidy's feet. He coaches out of the Ron Rolston text book. There's enough talent and enough vets on that team that they should be much better than mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad