Rochester Americans / Minor League Thread 2013-14 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Retweeted by Rob Sanderson
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres - NEWS: The #Sabres have assigned Luke Adam to @AmerksHockey. (@SabresPR)

Rochester Americans ‏@AmerksHockey - Roster Moves: In addition to Luke Adam being reassigned to the #Amerks today, Jerome Gauthier-Leduc has been recalled from Gwinnett (ECHL)

Rob Sanderson ‏@RSandersonWHTK - Former #Amerks / #Sabres D Brayden McNabb had 1 assist, +2 rating in his Manchester #Monarchs debut last night (4-2 W vs. ADK). #AHL

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Very upset with the Klesla situation. I don't know if this can be done after the trade deadline, but I really hope Murray gets a replacement.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Loved Pysyk dropping them for Tardif.

Feels like Pysyk and Bagnall are the enforcers out there tonight.

Doesn't seem like Bagnall wants to throw them though. I think whatever his recent injury was, he is not supposed to fight.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Impressive rookie Mark Pysyk feels like he can keep developing with Amerks, could be back with Sabres soon

By most standards, Mark Pysyk is ready for regular NHL duty. His efficient, steady play during 42 appearances earlier this season earned the rookie praise as the Buffalo Sabres’ best defenseman.

But the 22-year-old is back with the Americans, riding buses again in the AHL.

At first, it appeared his Jan. 24 assignment would only be temporary. The Sabres wanted Pysyk to keep playing during the Olympic break, they said. Six weeks later, he’s still in the AHL.

“I wasn’t banking on anything,†Pysyk said Friday following the Amerks’ 4-1 win against the Syracuse Crunch inside the Blue Cross War Memorial, his 21st AHL game this season.

So why is Pysyk in the minors with the Sabres, the league’s worst team, playing some veterans who appear to have no future with them?

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Here's the next few paragraphs from the same article.

So why is Pysyk in the minors with the Sabres, the league’s worst team, playing some veterans who appear to have no future with them?

The Sabres want him to perfect his game in the AHL, something Pysyk understands.

“I definitely think I need to work on my consistency,” he said. “I don’t think I’ve outgrown this league at all. It’s still a battle out there for me.”

Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy wants Pysyk to start playing more aggressively.

I don’t think he needs to play as safe as he does sometimes,” Cassidy said. “At this level, I think he can be more aggressive and take some more chances offensively and try to create a little bit more. There’s a fine line because then your coach gets mad at you and yells at you when you turn it over in a bad spot.”

Cassidy believes Pysyk, the 23rd overall pick in 2010, is “an elite talent.” But he has only one goal and nine points with the Amerks this season. He has one goal and six points in the NHL.

“Let’s see what’s there offensively. … I think he can do more,” Cassidy said. “I think there’s more power play that he can do and there’s more in terms of making plays from the offensive blue line.”

Pysyk must develop his offensive consistency in the AHL, Cassidy said.

“Nobody learns how to score, put up points in the National League,” he said. “You got to learn to do that at the level before you get there and have confidence you can do it, and I think that’s a big step for him.”

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
3/8 - Amerks get by Crunch again:
Second-year forward Johan Larsson continued his torrid pace, scoring a pair of goals, including one on the power-play, as the Rochester Americans completed the weekend sweep of the Syracuse Crunch with a 5-3 win over their intrastate rivals in the back-end of a home-and-home series Saturday at the War Memorial at Oncenter. With the win, the Amerks improve to 30-20-4-4 on the season and remain just four points back of the North Division-leading Toronto Marlies heading.

Phil Varone led way offensively with a three-point (1+2) game, including the eventual game-winner, while Luke Adam and Mike Zigomanis also scored goals for the Amerks, who have won 15 of their last 22 games and have collected points in eight of their last 10. Nathan Lieuwen turned in another solid performance between the pipes, stopping 28 of 31 shots in his fourth straight start en route to his 17th win of the season.

Larsson, who also scored in Friday night’s 4-1 win over the Crunch in Rochester, shows three goals in his last two games and remains Rochester’s most consistent point-getter since his reassignment to the Amerks on Jan. 11, recording 27 points (12+15) over his last 24 games, including goals in six of his last 11.
WHEC Highlights.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
‏@RSandersonWHTK

#Amerks G Matt Hackett gets the start in today's 3rd game of the 3-in-3 weekend. Nathan Lieuwen beat Syracuse both Fri. & Sat.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Rob Sanderson @RSandersonWHTK 1m
#Amerks
Adam-Varone-Tardif
Larsson-Porter-Zigomanis
Gillies-Catenacci-Armia
Roy-Schaller-Irwin
Bagnall/Risto.
Crawford/Tuzz.
MacKenzie/Pysyk

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Rob Sanderson @RSandersonWHTK 1m
#Amerks
Adam-Varone-Tardif
Larsson-Porter-Zigomanis
Gillies-Catenacci-Armia
Roy-Schaller-Irwin
Bagnall/Risto.
Crawford/Tuzz.
MacKenzie/Pysyk

Why doesn't Larsson play Center in Rochester? Wasn't he really good on draws in the preseason? Would like to see him develop there.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Why doesn't Larsson play Center in Rochester? Wasn't he really good on draws in the preseason? Would like to see him develop there.

He's scoring over a point per game. I'm not about to care where he plays or who with if that's how things are going for him.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
He's scoring over a point per game. I'm not about to care where he plays or who with if that's how things are going for him.

I knew someone would respond to that, but I was curious if anyone knew why they moved him to wing when I believe his natural position is center.

I just don't like it. We have Girgs who should be learning to dominate at the AHL level imo, and another potential center being moved. If Larsson is viewed by people as scoring winger in the NHL, I am willing to listen to the rationale having not seen him since the demotion.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I knew someone would respond to that, but I was curious if anyone knew why they moved him to wing when I believe his natural position is center.

I just don't like it. We have Girgs who should be learning to dominate at the AHL level imo, and another potential center being moved. If Larsson is viewed by people as scoring winger in the NHL, I am willing to listen to the rationale having not seen him since the demotion.

He's played plenty of wing at every level, he's not only a center. Playing wing now doesn't prevent him from playing center in the NHL. What's important is that he plays and plays well. It's just as likely that he ends up playing wing with Girgensons or Compher playing center, anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad