Rochester Americans / Minor League Thread 2013-14 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
3/2 - Amerks fall in overtime, 2-1, at Milwaukee:
The Rochester Americans made their first visit to Milwaukee since 2007 on Sunday afternoon to face the Admirals, and the home team came away with a 2-1 overtime victory over the Amerks in a goaltending battle between Nathan Lieuwen and Pekka Rinne. With the overtime loss, the Amerks moved to 28-19-4-4 on the season and have picked up points in six of their last seven games.

After two scoreless periods that featured several scoring chances at both ends of the ice, the teams traded goals in a seven-second span midway through the third period before the game was eventually decided in overtime as Charles-Olivier Roussel scored both Milwaukee goals.

Lieuwen, who was starting in the Amerks’ net for the sixth time in the last seven games, stopped 26 of 28 Milwaukee shots and has now allowed two or fewer goals in 12 of his last 16 appearances. Jamie Tardif scored the lone goal for Rochester on assists from Chad Ruhwedel and Phil Varone, giving Varone a three-game point streak and 10 points in his last seven outings.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Game Preview Article - at Rockford Ice Hogs - Tuesday, March 4 - Amerks.com -
http://www.amerks.com/preview.asp?gameID=20140304

Panthers Acquire Mancari From Blues, Janik goes to Wolves - Sunday, March 2 - TheAHL.com -
http://theahl.com/panthers-acquire-mancari-from-blues-p190714

Ristolainen and Bagnall - A Winning Combination - Justin Ritzel - February 28 - TheAHL.com -

It’s no secret to anyone who has witnessed a Rochester Americans game over the past few months that the defensive duo of Rasmus Ristolainen and Drew Bagnall has been of critical importance to the Amerks’ recent surge through the American Hockey League.

Who would have expected such early returns from two players who have tread such different paths to AHL careers? One is a recent first-round draft pick of the Buffalo Sabres, while the other is a 426-game AHL veteran. Call it luck, chance or good team management, the pairing of Ristolainen and Bagnall has been a key contribution for the 27-18-3-4 Amerks.

Their good fortune together, however, is that much more interesting considering the differing nature of their hockey backgrounds.

http://theahl.com/ristolainen-bagnall-a-winning-combination-p190655

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Game Preview Article - at Rockford Ice Hogs - Tuesday, March 4 - Amerks.com -
http://www.amerks.com/preview.asp?gameID=20140304

Panthers Acquire Mancari From Blues, Janik goes to Wolves - Sunday, March 2 - TheAHL.com -
http://theahl.com/panthers-acquire-mancari-from-blues-p190714

Ristolainen and Bagnall - A Winning Combination - Justin Ritzel - February 28 - TheAHL.com -

It’s no secret to anyone who has witnessed a Rochester Americans game over the past few months that the defensive duo of Rasmus Ristolainen and Drew Bagnall has been of critical importance to the Amerks’ recent surge through the American Hockey League.

Who would have expected such early returns from two players who have tread such different paths to AHL careers? One is a recent first-round draft pick of the Buffalo Sabres, while the other is a 426-game AHL veteran. Call it luck, chance or good team management, the pairing of Ristolainen and Bagnall has been a key contribution for the 27-18-3-4 Amerks.

Their good fortune together, however, is that much more interesting considering the differing nature of their hockey backgrounds.

http://theahl.com/ristolainen-bagnall-a-winning-combination-p190655

Thanks for all you've done this year, man! I really appreciate it. I always check in here on game night to see who's on the score sheet, and you always provide. Your work doesn't go unnoticed.:)

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Thanks for all you've done this year, man! I really appreciate it. I always check in here on game night to see who's on the score sheet, and you always provide. Your work doesn't go unnoticed.:)

Seconded. LaxSabre, 26CornerBlitz and Woodhouse all do a fanstastic job on transferring and consolidating lots of good stuff from other sources to this forum for us.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Seconded. LaxSabre, 26CornerBlitz and Woodhouse all do a fanstastic job on transferring and consolidating lots of good stuff from other sources to this forum for us.

Yes they do. I forgot to mention 26CornerBlitz and Woodhouse, too. They're awesome, also!:yo:

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013

Thirded. I also enjoy LaxSabre's updates on college hockey schedules and results for our prospects. I visit this forum every day and it helps as a reminder!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has acquired forwards Nicolas Deslauriers and Hudson Fasching from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for defenseman Brayden McNabb, forward Jonathan Parker and two second-round draft picks.
Amerks.com - Wednesday, March 5 - http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=971

Brayden Mcnabb ‏@nabber03 - Want to thank the @BuffaloSabres and @AmerksHockey organization for the past 3 years!
Very Excited to be joining the @LAKings organization!!

Jon Parker ‏@JonParker24 - Thank you everything the past 3 seasons @BuffaloSabres and @AmerksHockey!
I'm very excited to be joining the @LAKings Organization!

Rochester Americans ‏@AmerksHockey - Thanks to Brayden McNabb and Jonathan Parker for their contributions to the #Amerks organization.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
LaxSabre - credit to CSNHockey for finding this article on the newest Amerk.

Meet Larry the Left Wing, LA's Newest Hotshot Prospect - John Hoven - Special to LAKings.com - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2013.

Defenseman Nicolas Deslauriers was selected by the Kings in the third round of the 2009 NHL Draft. Yet, part of that statement becomes less relevant with each passing day.

Following his first three years of junior hockey with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, he found himself traded to the Gatineau Olympiques. Nick, as he was known then, played out his final year of eligibility in the QMJHL (sister-league to the OHL and WHL) and progressively elevated his game to the next level. Despite missing time with a knee injury, he set a career-high with 13 goals and was nearly a point-per-game player. Further, he was one of the league's top offensive defensemen in the playoffs, posting 20 points in 24 post-season games and leading his team to the championship final vs. the Saint John Sea Dogs.

His pro career began shortly after, when he signed a three-year Entry Level Contract with the Kings, who eventually assigned him to Manchester. At first, he struggled, but eventually found his footing midway through his AHL rookie campaign.

"He would get the puck and try to take it coast-to-coast every time and wasn’t using his teammates very effectively," explained Monarchs head coach Mark Morris. "We had to settle his game down a little bit and get him to focus on being more of a guy that supported the rush, rather than lead the rush. That took some doing. We realized that he needed a lot of work at tidying up his defensive reads and learning how to defend more effectively, because he was so puck focused."

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=696613

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Amerks Lose All-Star D-Man McNabb - Gain Power Forward -
Kevin Oklobzija - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Newspaper - Wednesday, March 5.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/o-zone/2014/03/05/amerks-lose-mcnabb/6083163/

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - While on the plane at the gate in Chicago with #Amerks,
Brayden McNabb was given heads-up by his agent that a trade was in the works.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Trade to LA Kings became official while he was in the air.
"I'm excited for a new journey in my life," Brayden McNabb said.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Brayden McNabb said trade was "a shock, that's for sure. It's crazy.
It's tough to leave...a lot of good buddies in Rochester and Buffalo."

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Now former #Amerks D-man Brayden McNabb will be reporting to Manchester of the AHL.
Nicolas Deslauriers is coming to the #Amerks.

Rob Sanderson ‏@RSandersonWHTK - Jon Parker thankful to #Sabres & #Amerks, but "very excited" about trade.
Grew up in #SoCal watching #LAKings..was there for Cup win in '12.

Rob Sanderson ‏@RSandersonWHTK - J. Parker on being @ #LAKings '12 Cup win at Staples Ctr:
"Thought to myself how cool it'd be to 1 day be a part of my hometown team's org."

Last edited:

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Good day for the Amerks. Swap out the inconsistent (IMO, at least) McNabb for an NHL veteran is Klesla and add a legit power forward, heart and soul guy in Deslauriers. Hope this kicks them out of the little slump they're in now.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Chad Ruhwedel ‏@chad5ruhwedel - Want to wish my roommate @nabber03 the best of luck with the @LAKings organization #204

‏@kevinoDandC - Rusty Klesla will be joining the #Amerks. He was already on an AHL roster (Hershey).
@kevinoDandC - The #Amerks gain from #Sabres trades. Rusty Klesla is a terrific D-man at the AHL level and they add power forward in Nicolas Deslauriers.

‏@BuffaloSabres - Deslauriers and Klesla, acquired by #Sabres, to start with @AmerksHockey "for now," Murray tells @WGR550.

‏@AmerksHockey - Newly acquired Nicolas Deslauriers will wear No. 8 for the #Amerks while Rostislav Klesla will wear No. 16.
@AmerksHockey - Roster Move: Forward Johnny McGuire has been recalled to the #Amerks from Idaho (ECHL)

LaxSabre - Deslauriers, Klesla and McGuire should be in Rochester in time for the Amerks home game vs Syracuse Crunch on Friday.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
What will the Amerks lines look like?
Here were the lines for Sundays game vs Milwaukee - Rob Sanderson didn't tweet the lines for last nights game vs Chicago.
Adam-Varone-Tardif - Larsson-Porter-Zigomanis - Gillies-Catenacci-Armia - Roy-Schaller-Irwin -
McNabb/Ruhwedel - Bagnall/Risto - MacKenzie/Pysyk.

LaxSabre - so Klesla just replaces McNabb? or does Bagnall get promoted to the top D-Line and Klesla replaces him?
No idea where Deslaurier goes - I assume he will be in the top nine though - perhaps he replaces Gillies?

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

Here were the lines for Sundays game vs Milwaukee - Rob Sanderson didn't tweet last nights lines - vs Chicago.
Adam-Varone-Tardif - Larsson-Porter-Zigomanis - Gillies-Catenacci-Armia - Roy-Schaller-Irwin -

LaxSabre - so Klesa just replaces McNabb? or does Bagnall get promoted to the top D-Line?

What about Deslaurier?

I think Klesla will swap with McNabb. I've read that Bagnall isreally helping Ristolainen develop, so I'd like to keep that pairing

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Here were the lines for Sundays game vs Milwaukee - Rob Sanderson didn't tweet the lines for last nights game vs Chicago.

LaxSabre - so Klesla just replaces McNabb? or does Bagnall get promoted to the top D-Line and Klesla replaces him?
No idea where Deslaurier goes - I assume he will be in the top nine though - perhaps he replaces Gillies?

Lines were shuffled up last night. I went to bed early but yeah, top 3 lines were different. Only thing I remember was Gillies with Zigomanis.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
The more I read up on him the more I like Deslauriers. I think he'll really help the Amerks. Klesla will be a great veteran presence to go along with Bagnall, Tardif, Ziggy, etc.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
3/4 - Amerks rally falls short in 4-2 loss to Rockford:
Kevin Porter scored twice on the power-play to bring the Rochester Americans within a goal, but it wasn’t enough as the Amerks couldn’t complete the comeback and dropped a 4-2 decision to the Rockford IceHogs Tuesday at BMO Harris Bank Center. With the loss, Rochester falls to 28-20-4-4 on the season and closes out its four-game Midwest road swing with a 1-2-1-0 record.

Porter scored his 11th and 12th of the season, both coming on the power-play in the third period, to help the Amerks rally from being down 3-0 and Nathan Lieuwen finished with 25 saves in the loss, marking the first time the netminder allowed three goals or more since Feb. 16. Brayden McNabb, Joel Armia and Rasmus Ristolainen all recorded assists for the Amerks, who despite the loss, have collected points in six of their last eight games and have won 13 of their last 20.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Armia should really probably be the scratch now with Deslaurier added to a healthy lineup. Doubt it happens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad