Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Damn VO really can’t hit the net to save his life lately. He’s playing well otherwise.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Nylander’s pass on the late game tying goal from Asplund was a beauty

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Borgen was best player on the ice for my money.

Nylander has a strong game and so did the Asplund line. Criscuolo though feels like the pulse of the team.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Asplund’s line looked great last night but I almost found myself wondering why Taylor wasn’t leaning a bit more on the Simpson/Crisco/Nylander line. Crisco coming back makes it feel like they have a legit #1 line for the first time all season.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Scoring
1st
10:18ROCKyle Criscuolo (3) ASST: None
16:47BRIOtto Koivula (10) ASST: Tanner Fritz (14), Matt Gaudreau (1)(PP)
2nd
0:48BRIMatt Gaudreau (1) ASST: Mike Sislo (9)
3:32BRITanner Fritz (5) ASST: Sebastian Aho (21)
7:10ROCDanny O'Regan (12) ASST: Kyle Criscuolo (7), Victor Olofsson(20)
3rd
3:11ROCAndrew MacWilliam (1) ASST: Eric Cornel (6), Tyler Randell(2)
6:13BRIRyan Bourque (3) ASST: Parker Wotherspoon (10), Ryan Hitchcock (4)
19:48ROCRasmus Asplund (2) ASST: Alexander Nylander (14), Zach Redmond (13)
OT
No Scoring
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Penalties
1st
15:07ROCJustin Bailey, Slashing, 2 min PP
17:09BRIKieffer Bellows, Hooking, 2 min PP
18:05ROCDanny O'Regan, Tripping, 2 min PP
2nd
03:32ROCAlexander Nylander, High-sticking, 2 min PP
16:04BRIParker Wotherspoon, Hooking, 2 min PP
16:54ROCMatt Tennyson, Interference, 2 min PP
18:05BRISebastian Aho, Tripping, 2 min PP
3rd
08:32BRIRyan Bourque, Hooking, 2 min PP
OT
No Penalties
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bridgeport Sound Tigers Shootout
7Chris BourqueNo Goal
12Otto KoivulaNo Goal
15Kieffer BellowsNo Goal
Total:0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rochester Americans Shootout
12Victor OlofssonGoal
10Wayne SimpsonNo Goal
65Danny O'ReganNo Goal
Total:1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: jBuds

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Since we are halfway through the season it would be good to get a breakdown of each prospect's development. It appears that Nylander has taken the next step. It sounds like Olofsson is learning the NA style of hockey. Have any players regressed? Are some players not getting icetime due to a logjam at a certain position? Are there any prospects that can earn a position with the big club? If so, then do you see it happening next year or the following year? I have some thoughts, but would like to hear from those that watch them more closely.

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
I just started working on a mid season report card for next weekend at the official half way point. A few quick hits..

I wouldn't say Olofsson is still learning, he's just hit a bump, something many players go through. His biggest challenge is hitting the goalie. Too many shots wide.
Two players have regressed, Guhle and Bailey. Bailey still has the speed, lost the hands. I wish there was a stat for missed grade A scoring chances because he'd likely be in the lead for chances and fails. Guhle lost that flash of speed to lead a rush and then get back to play defensively.
Nylander has definitely taken the next step and is a better player. Is he proving to be early first round material? Hasn't proven that yet.
No one is losing ice time in Rochester. If anything the lack of players is helping everyone get more ice time. That 'internal competition' element has vanished with injuries and call ups.
Defensively, Will Borgen plays a great game and continues to trend in the right direction.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Nylander goes 5th in the shootout. :rolleyes:

tbf Olofsson and Simpson have been staples of the SO crew so far this season, I think this is the 1st one to go past 3 rounds. Next time I'm sure he'll be called upon much sooner.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
= The final season of having an NHL contract? lol
i have seen flashes , with buffalo, he could throw people around , sprint in at dump ins if he is desperate and is his last chance.. seems to pout bit just lame guesses., he may keep it simple and do what hes told like tage( not many bodies with skating abilty like those two)..

Nylandet has passing ability , speed and can stick handle at a top six nhl level.. dont give up on either..

Pilut transition bodes well for Oloffson to make the team but I have only seen highlights and have no clue about personality committment , habits and maturity (entitlement) of all our kids.. I have liked wowies'use of of the veterans especially against large physical teams ..

If skinner can carry line like he just did maybe eichs may want to elevate kids Okposo etc loke he did Pommer, for period or two like Reinhart early season..

So far i have trust in both coaches gm and asst to keep hard working physical rep we develope when we play sizty like ducks and last panthers...

We may see something against nj , islanders or other young teams that kids competed against at juniors , matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad