Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Does it make sense to acquire a really good AHL goalie for pennies? One that is doubtful for the NHL but has respectable numbers in the A? I think it'd be worth it to make that trade to develop a winning environment. If they had a good AHL goalie , they might be a force.
They went all in on Wedgewood. They’re paying him almost half a million dollars and spoke very highly of him and how he’s a top end AHL goalie. He was pretty low on my list and I’ve been skeptical since he signed. I would hope they make a move later in the season if he’s not panning out.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Does it make sense to acquire a really good AHL goalie for pennies? One that is doubtful for the NHL but has respectable numbers in the A? I think that it'd be worth it to make that trade to develop a winning environment. If they had a good AHL goalie , they might be a force.

Nice user name.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
They went all in on Wedgewood. They’re paying him almost half a million dollars and spoke very highly of him and how he’s a top end AHL goalie. He was pretty low on my list and I’ve been skeptical since he signed. I would hope they make a move later in the season if he’s not panning out.

How has Bailey looked?

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Hopefully the Sabres continue their winning way so Rochester can remain intact.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Pilut is top ten in overall scoring and third highest scoring dman behind teammate Redmond and TJ Brennan?! I missed that. Good for him. Knew he was playing well, but the offensive numbers to boot make me very happy

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
My concern still is goaltending (the choice if wedgewood was questionable before hindsight) and what happens if they lose the Swedes to the Sabres.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I love this. Sabres are winning keeping the pressure off Botts to move some of these kids up from the AHL too soon. Pilut has 12 points, Olofsson has 15, Nylander is just under a PPG. They are one of the best teams in the league down in the AHL and that makes hockey fun. They must be having a great time.

Reactions: Dingo44

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
HvIlsiV.png

Amerks now have the top 3 point leaders in the AHL.

3 points for Pilut tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
He drew a penalty on that so probably would have gotten a penalty shot. I suppose the defender thought that him touching the puck would blow play dead but the refs have no mercy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This is a good team. They have guys that can do everything from making a 5 on 3 PK look easy to having a dominant PP.

Reactions: jBuds

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Good effort. The best part of the win was the fact that they didn’t sit back in the 3rd with a lead. Pressing even into the last minute. Also, the PK looked much improved. They were playing the wedge + 1 earlier and tonight looked more like a traditional box. Not sure if they changed after early struggles, but it was better either way.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Pilut cannot stay in the AHL, just watched the game, he is miles ahead of AHL play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad