Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I don't understand why the Canes would move unless it's market saturation. They just put their ECHL team in Greenville.

member 311261

What an utter disappointment Mittelstadt has been. It's becoming increasingly clear he'll never be a top 6 forward in the NHL.

Reactions: toomuchsauce

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
I would take a top 9 forward at this point. He's still only 21 though...
He doesn't have "it". You can have all the skill in the world which he doesn't, but if you are not competitive and timid on the ice it does not matter. Mittelstadt will always be out worked by players with less skill who want it more.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

I don't understand why the Canes would move unless it's market saturation. They just put their ECHL team in Greenville.

Lower operating costs? That seems to have been the motivation behind quite a few of the strange looking moves the Canes have made under their current ownership. Charlotte may be close to Raleigh, but it isn't particularly close to any other AHL team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lower operating costs? That seems to have been the motivation behind quite a few of the strange looking moves the Canes have made under their current ownership. Charlotte may be close to Raleigh, but it isn't particularly close to any other AHL team.

I was wondering at market saturation too.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The ideal situation would have the Canes purchasing the Wolves from Don Levin and Levin purchasing a majority share in the Sabres. Levin knows how to run a hockey team.

Reactions: Chainshot

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
What an utter disappointment Mittelstadt has been. It's becoming increasingly clear he'll never be a top 6 forward in the NHL.

Why is his plus/minus so bad in Rochester. I don't see any games but doesn't look like he'd dominating from stat line which can be misleading.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The Wolves are independent and tend to sign affiliation deals. That means the Canes don’t have to hire a GM, coach or assts and staff. They simply store their prospects there. That is a significant savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad