Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
What a difference a year makes for two AHL vet Amerk defensemen

Redmond
-Last year career year 58gms 21g 50pts.
- this year 54gms 5g 30pts.

Gilmour
-last year 70gms 20g 54pts
-this year 33gms 6g 13pts. (12g 28pt pace in 70gms)

They were supposed to provide a lot of potential firepower from the backend

Last edited:

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
What a difference a year makes for two AHL vet Amerk defensemen

Redmond
-Last year career year 58gms 21g 50pts.
- this year 54gms 5g 30pts.

Gilmour
-last year 70gms 20g 54pts
-this year 33gms 6g 13pts. (12g 28pt pace in 70gms)

There were supposed to be a lot of potential firepower from the backend
They are implementing Ralph's system in Rochester as well. You know, the one that leads to shot suppression for both teams.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They are implementing Ralph's system in Rochester as well. You know, the one that leads to shot suppression for both teams.
From most accounts Gilmour has been bad leading to him sitting from time to time. Redmond has also been subpar for stretches as well. I don’t think a system is going to suppress them to that extreme.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
From most accounts Gilmour has been bad leading to him sitting from time to time. Redmond has also been subpar for stretches as well. I don’t think a system is going to suppress them to that extreme.
How's it working for Skinner so far? :sarcasm:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
How's it working for Skinner so far? :sarcasm:
Not much to do with the system since he’s generating chances at the same rate he did last year.

Back on topic. The Amerks PP dropping from 8th last year to 23rd this year is a likely culprit for Redmonds’ drop off. Gilmour has just played poorly.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres being bad has masked how shitty Rochester is

Since Mitts got there (he isn't the reason), they've been mediocre, bordering on sub-pair.

C.J. Smith fell off a cliff. We knew Redmond wasn't going to be an All-Star twice. I think Tage injured was huge, because he'd be the leading scorer right now.

Botterill's last bastion where he somewhat helped, is also failing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Since Mitts got there (he isn't the reason), they've been mediocre, bordering on sub-pair.

C.J. Smith fell off a cliff. We knew Redmond wasn't going to be an All-Star twice. I think Tage injured was huge, because he'd be the leading scorer right now.

Botterill's last bastion where he somewhat helped, is also failing.

Their record since December is something like 5th worst in the league. So... yeah, progress?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Their record since December is something like 5th worst in the league. So... yeah, progress?

The scoring problems have been compounded by spotty goaltending from UPL and at times Hammond.

I’ve watched some games they’ve dominated the bulk of. They struggle to score and then give up an easy goal against.

Goaltending can hopefully get fixed with JJ coming back down. Not sure on the offense.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The scoring problems have been compounded by spotty goaltending from UPL and at times Hammond.

I’ve watched some games they’ve dominated the bulk of. They struggle to score and then give up an easy goal against.

Goaltending can hopefully get fixed with JJ coming back down. Not sure on the offense.

It is remarkable how like the big club the farm team is.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It is remarkable how like the big club the farm team is.
Who could have possibly imagined that a draft strategy of passing on forward prospects and drafting high floor/extremely low ceiling players would lead to an AHL incapable of scoring goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad