Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Sorry I haven't been able to stream many games lately guys, besides work my girlfriend has been keeping me plenty occupied. As it is right now the Amerks hold a 3-2 over Binghamton in the 2nd period.

Reactions: CrazyPsycho

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Sorry I haven't been able to stream many games lately guys, besides work my girlfriend has been keeping me plenty occupied. As it is right now the Amerks hold a 3-2 over Binghamton in the 2nd period.
Thanks for the update!

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

So whats the deal with Randell, is he really developing or is it a fluke? Would be a nice source of energy/toughness
Ehhh hes way older than I thought

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
So whats the deal with Randell, is he really developing or is it a fluke? Would be a nice source of energy/toughness
Ehhh hes way older than I thought

Still remains to be seen, he's had a pretty great few games but I want a larger sample size before I jump to any conclusions.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Amerks win again, they had a dominant 2nd period followed by a 3rd period where they played to hold onto their 3-2 lead.

*Randell with ANOTHER goal, and a handful of scoring chances.
*Oglevie extends his goal streak to 4 games.
*Johansson was solid, 29 saves
*Amerks now 7-0-1 in their last 8, in a deadlock with the Marlies for 1st in the division.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Devante Stephens (LD) swapped with the Lightning for Matthew Spencer (RD). Spencer seems to have gotten more AHL looks from Tampa than Stephens did from Buffalo, so maybe a guy who will play some Amerks games.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Dk if it'll ever translate higher, but Brett Murray has been a monster in the AHL. Good for him

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Your Amerks six pack from Friday's OT loss - Pickin' Splinters
Here’s your Friday Amerks six pack.
1. Building chemistry as a line
The trio of center Kevin Porter, right winger Andrew Oglevie and left winger Brett Murray fired 11 of the Amerks’ 35 shots on goal — and had a few of the misses of the net as well.
2. Murray continues to blossom
The 6-foot-5, 235-pound rookie winger was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the fourth round of 2016 but didn’t sign a contract until two days before the season began.
3. The coach returns
Taylor was running the bench for the first time since training camp. He spent the first eight weeks on “recall” to the Sabres as an assistant coach, filling in after assistant Don Granato was hospitalized by pneumonia.
4. Free hockey … and more free hockey
When is a 60-minute hockey game 62 minutes and change?
5. Extra hockey was the last thing the Amerks needed
Injuries and recalls have taken six of the Amerks top 12 forwards out of the lineup, so defensemen Nathan Paetsch and Casey Fitzgerald again played at forward.
6. That’s points in nine straight
The loss snapped the Amerks six-game winning streak but it did extend their points-earned streak to nine games (7-0-1-1), which is every game in November.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
A silver lining to the wave of forward injuries through the organization has been the playing time Oglevie and Murray have gotten. Both have responded great to the opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad