Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
EJdmUMVW4AA_U6K

Another day another W, big night for Pilut as he had a goal and two assists. Oglevie and Dea had pretty good nights as well.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
EJdmUMVW4AA_U6K

Another day another W, big night for Pilut as he had a goal and two assists. Oglevie and Dea had pretty good nights as well.
Pilut taking over for McCabe would benefit the team, but McCabe's a rugged defender so we wont see that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Glad to see Pilut continue to produce. Oglevie should be in the mix sooner rather than later.
He was my dark horse to make a push coming into his rookie campaign. Then got sidelined by concussions. He seems to be getting on track this year. Its probably helped that many forwards are injured and now called up. Its giving him a more prominent role and minutes.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
He definitely redeemed himself last night.
I may be in the minority but I think there is more upside to Jonas than many give him credit for. He is a big goaltender at 6'5" and 220 lbs. He has been slow developing, but has progressed year to year. Organizationally it is time to see what we have, so he should be splitting starts in Rochester and not be playing in Cincy anymore. He needs to be seeing better shooters and learning to work with better defenseman so he can take the next step or not. I think he has it in him to develop further if given opportunity and coaching.

As an example, and I am no way suggesting a skill level, look at the development of Tim Thomas. He was 24 before he got some games with Detroit and had a .892 in 36 starts. He didn't get a whiff of the NHL again for three years and didn't get into the Boston rotation until he was 28 years old. There are a few goaltenders that can get buy on elite talent, but most have careers because of work ethic combined with experience in diagnosing and predicting the play and shot. Jonas has enough talent and physical tools to get there, so the rest is a matter of hard work, coaching, and getting higher level game experience.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Another W for us as the Amerks pull out another one against Utica, 4-3. We've been getting a lot of these wins where scoring is spread out among all the players. 11 players got a point tonight, with Murray being the only one that got 2.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Who does Murray look like in terms of the game, Alex Tuch or maybe someone else?

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Down to just two forwards active on the Amerks roster with NHL contracts, and now Thompson is hurt.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Is Murray still one of our reserved prospects or do we not own his rights anymore? And could we sign him to an NHL deal right now and call him up?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Gord Dineen got the team buzzing. Does this wash people of Chris Taylor now as its a different coach with same or even better results?

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Gord Dineen got the team buzzing. Does this wash people of Chris Taylor now as its a different coach with same or even better results?

Dineen and the players were already on the same page going into this season, he doesn't exactly run an entirely different from Chris Taylor. Doesn't hurt that he's been in the coaching business for going on 2 decades now.

Reactions: Chainshot

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Dineen and the players were already on the same page going into this season, he doesn't exactly run an entirely different from Chris Taylor. Doesn't hurt that he's been in the coaching business for going on 2 decades now.
Ya that’s my point. Just don’t understand the love fest with chris taylor and some thinking he’s the answer to the Sabres coaching future.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Or that his brothers coach… Or that his dad coaches… Like if there was ever a guy who is completely steeped in and surrounded by a way to be a good hockey coach it’s Gord. That was part of why I was happy when they brought him on the staff. He’s done this forever, his brother does it his dad does it… Maybe he’s actually good? LOL

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Or that his brothers coach… Or that his dad coaches… Like if there was ever a guy who is completely steeped in and surrounded by a way to be a good hockey coach it’s Gord. That was part of why I was happy when they brought him on the staff. He’s done this forever, his brother does it his dad does it… Maybe he’s actually good? LOL
Plus Gord is the quintessential hockey name followed closely by Stu.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Ya that’s my point. Just don’t understand the love fest with chris taylor and some thinking he’s the answer to the Sabres coaching future.

I mean results matter, he helped make the Amerks a pretty relevant team again. Now they just need to get over that next hump of winning a playoff series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad