Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-2024 PLAYOFF Thread; Game 2 - 3:00 pm EDT, Rochester Hosting Syracuse

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So with the exit interviews, the 2022-23 thread is now closed and we begin again, anew for next year.

Based on what they have on Capfriendly and through EP's transactions, they currently have the following guys rights for next year:

Of note, everyone else who played with them last year, the rest are UFAs.

Amerks Roster, updated August 14:

PlayerPositionNHL/AHLExpires
Brandon BiroCNHL2024
Riley Fiddler-SchultzCAHL2025
Damien GirouxCAHL2024
Tyson KozakCNHL2025
Mason JobstCAHL2024
Justin RichardsCNHL2024
Graham SlaggertCAHL2024
Jeremy DaviesDLNHL2024
Brandon FortunatoDLAHL2024
Chris JandricDLAHL2025
Ryan JohnsonDLNHL2025
Nikita NovikovDLNHL2026
Nicolas SavoieDLAHL2024
Joe CecconiDRNHL2024
Zach MetsaDRAHL2025
Ethan ProwDRAHL2024
Doug BrownRWAHL2024
Philip CederqvistLWNHL2024
Alexander KisakovLW/CNHL2025
Jiri KulichFNHL2026
Michael MerschLWAHL2024
Brett MurrayLW/RWNHL2024
Olivier NadeauRWNHL2026
Viktor NeuchevLWNHL2026
Isak RosenRW/LWNHL2026
Lukas RousekRW/C/LWNHL2025
Brendan WarrenRWAHL2025
Linus WeissbachRW/LWNHL2024
Devin CooleyGNHL2024
Michael HouserGAHL2024
Dustin TokarskiGNHL2024

Jacksonville Icemen, Updated as of 8/14/2023:

PlayerPositionShoots
Luke BignellCL
Brendan HarrisCL
Dominick MershCL
Garret Van WyheCL
Victor HadfieldDLL
Jacob PanettaDLL
Julian KislinDRR
Connor RussellDRR
Easton BrodzinskiRWR
Matt IacopelliRW/LWL
Chris GrandoLWL
Nick IsaacsonLW/CL
Derek LodermeierLWL
Carson MacKinnonLWL
Matt VernonGL

Last edited:
Reactions: Sansbacon

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
News thus far:

- Pilut has already left for Switzerland.

Speculation thus far:

- Rousek's name was out in the mix as possibly going to Switzerland as well in the same way that Ruotsalainen was rumored to be on the way out and went last summer.

Reactions: Sansbacon

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Is anyone else a little bummed/concerned that we have homegrown assistants that are NHL ready getting plucked while Granato's crew of uninspiring randos sits unchanged? I couldn't remember Marty Wilford's name for half the season despite the hair.

I get that there's loyalty to ACs, but keeping Sabre alumni who appear to be somewhat of rising stars in the profession seems wise moving forward.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is anyone else a little bummed/concerned that we have homegrown assistants that are NHL ready getting plucked while Granato's crew of uninspiring randos sits unchanged? I couldn't remember Marty Wilford's name for half the season despite the hair.

I get that there's loyalty to ACs, but keeping Sabre alumni who appear to be somewhat of rising stars in the profession seems wise moving forward.

I wonder at the assistants on the big club constantly.

It's nice to see the work Weber did rewarded. He's also close with Ott who is still on staff in St. Louis and the Blues had some issues with their defense.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
No more Cincinnati. Curious who's next and if they'll be closer to BUF...

Toledo, Wheeling, and Adirondack really the only options, if they're changing affiliations.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
This is a shame. I enjoyed going there for games and now I have this Cyclones jersey.

No more Cincinnati. Curious who's next and if they'll be closer to BUF...

Toledo, Wheeling, and Adirondack really the only options, if they're changing affiliations.

Toledo is locked into Detroit. No way they break up that partnership.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
This is a shame. I enjoyed going there for games and now I have this Cyclones jersey.

Toledo is locked into Detroit. No way they break up that partnership.

It's comparable to Buffalo & Rochester, if you think about it.

I have no clue how long-term Wheeling's deal with Pittsburgh is, nor Adirondack's with New Jersey. If I HAD to put $$$ on it, I'd guess Wheeling would be next.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Curious if anyone knows, do other orgs utilize their Coast teams more than us? It seems like there's little to no impact/interaction with the big club. I wouldn't have noticed if we had no ECHL affiliate this year.

It would be cool to have it be like A ball with Rochester like AAA, especially with the huge number of prospects we're slated to develop.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Curious if anyone knows, do other orgs utilize their Coast teams more than us? It seems like there's little to no impact/interaction with the big club. I wouldn't have noticed if we had no ECHL affiliate this year.

It would be cool to have it be like A ball with Rochester like AAA, especially with the huge number of prospects we're slated to develop.

I love ECHL hockey. The games are a blast.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It seems like they have about half a dozen guys every year, mostly AHL deal guys, who can slide back and forth as depth. Utica had only one guy on an NHL deal play for their ECHL affiliate this year while Tampa had five guys do it, Toronto's affiliate had three (one of which was a Sen signee lent to the Growlers). Buffalo had one and only a handful of AHL contracts this season. It seems to make things easier if they have a destination team for the AHL-contract depth guys that is relatively near based on things like how Houser was driving up for AHL games two years ago. I would imagine they would look at Adirondack if there is an opening since the drive is only about 4 hours instead of 7.5-8 from Cincy.

Reactions: HOOats

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Here's my guess for replacing Mike Weber.
It will be somebody from the same hometown as Webby, with the same setup as Lindy Ruff's year with the Amerks.

Any guesses?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad