Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not one question at the presser about the assistants in Rochester or Cincy's replacement. Oh well.

You... you expect a lot from these things. :laugh: Seriously though, it's a missing.

Since Mair went from Amerks Asst Coach to Dir of Player Development, I would wonder if he wants to go back to that role.

You also have all the AoH coaches to pick from, as well...

I am concerned that losing both assistants leaves them scrambling and they ask Mair to go back to it. Peca helped get some very good results out of so many, it seems like he will be a hard guy to replace. (And that isn't a shot at Weber, he molded a unit of non-NHLers into something each year that was workmanlike and improved from start to finish but it's less clear than Peterka, Quinn, Kozak and Rosen's growth away from just offensive situations.)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I just started watching game 7. Man, Hershey gets away with so much shit.

But we already knew that.

Reactions: Chainshot

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
He's been a successful WHL HC and an NHL assistant. I don't see him being interested in riding the busses in Rochester again.
How do they get around out west, stagecoach? :sarcasm:

If he wants back into the NHL, seeing both Roch assistants fast-tracked to promotions this off-season doesn't hurt the interest he might have here. Doesn't seem like he's on any shortlists for NHL AC as of now, kind of in a weird spot career wise.

Reactions: Tachycineta

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How do they get around out west, stagecoach? :sarcasm:

I am aware. Why is he taking a step down at this stage in his career? Seems unlikely.

If he wants back into the NHL, seeing both Roch assistants fast-tracked to promotions this off-season doesn't hurt the interest he might have here. Doesn't seem like he's on any shortlists for NHL AC as of now, kind of in a weird spot career wise.

Probably the old creeper allegations/investigation have him off some lists.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

This is....

Meh.

They are the nearest pro team to me. I'm pleased that I might, maybe, kinda be able to see someone at the ECHL level who is able to plug into the Amerks' lineup.

I also wonder if Christie's affiliation there as HC/VP of Hockey Ops had anything to do with this.

JAX isn't a large air hub, but it's pretty simple to get a short flight to Atlanta, then hop on direct flights from Atl to Rochester.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Is it really that different than Cincinnati from a flight perspective? Not like there were direct flights, though it was a one day drive. Plus half the time if they're joining the team on the road that chsnges things too.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
i think southwest have direct seasonal flights or thry go through bwi.
thats a 16 hour haul via car (without a dinner break) so I expect the travel secretary's to have the flight schedules always available for callups.

Very odd

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Eric Comries name is on the ROC player tracker. Hmm. Has he already been told that he will start the season in Rochester?

*Please note that this list is not the actual or implied Amerks roster for next season — this list includes players on entry-level or two-way contracts with the Buffalo Sabres.

It looks like someone screwed up and put all three goalies on the list when only Levi should be listed as Comrie and UPL are on one-way deals for 2023-24.

Reactions: elchud

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is it really that different than Cincinnati from a flight perspective? Not like there were direct flights, though it was a one day drive. Plus half the time if they're joining the team on the road that chsnges things too.

thats a 16 hour haul via car (without a dinner break) so I expect the travel secretary's to have the flight schedules always available for callups.

Very odd

With a lay-over, it will still be about the same or even less time to fly from JAX to Atlanta to Rochester than it is to drive to Rochester in winter from Cincy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
GRG working on their staff -

Still wondering who is going to come in to replace Peca and Weber. Still feels like they lost by having those guys move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad