Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen Off-season Thread.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Appert right now:

giphy.gif

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I am not impressed with the Sabres assistant coaches, especially on the special teams and defensive sides. I was very much hoping they would make a change or two and that we might see Peca in Buffalo coaching the PK and forwards defensive game.

Feels like a miss by the organization here.
Exact same thought process. Wanted Peca to be promoted and our assistants need a change up.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wouldn't have minded either of Peca or Weber based on their body of work this year getting a promotion. The Achilles heel of the current staff seems like the adherence to a bunch of guys who were either handy (Ellis, Bales) and guys who go back to Granato's playing and early coaching days (Wilford, Christie).

And it also means they need to find some new blood for the Amerk staff. With only 2 weeks to dev camp, I'm curious who that might be or if they wait into the summer to fill the spots.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wouldn't have minded either of Peca or Weber based on their body of work this year getting a promotion. The Achilles heel of the current staff seems like the adherence to a bunch of guys who were either handy (Ellis, Bales) and guys who go back to Granato's playing and early coaching days (Wilford, Christie).

And it also means they need to find some new blood for the Amerk staff. With only 2 weeks to dev camp, I'm curious who that might be or if they wait into the summer to fill the spots.
I wonder if they look at the NTDP staff past and present for options given that Adams wants Roch to be a pro version of the NTDP?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if they look at the NTDP staff past and present for options given that Adams wants Roch to be a pro version of the NTDP?

That beats my first thought - taking on any recycled former Sabres players who want to coach in the WNY area. That is not an impressive pool to draw from IMO.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That beats my first thought - taking on any recycled former Sabres players who want to coach in the WNY area. That is not an impressive pool to draw from IMO.
Here are the assistants that Appert had with the NTDP:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Here are the assistants that Appert had with the NTDP:

So collect all the Nightingales as current or former employees. :laugh:

I'm figuring they bump someone like Mair up and then pick another random former player like Paetsch or Jacob's idea about Bartkowski. *shrug*

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So collect all the Nightingales as current or former employees. :laugh:

I'm figuring they bump someone like Mair up and then pick another random former player like Paetsch or Jacob's idea about Bartkowski. *shrug*
Since Mair went from Amerks Asst Coach to Dir of Player Development, I would wonder if he wants to go back to that role.

You also have all the AoH coaches to pick from, as well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad