Robin Lehner is the worst goalie in the world at shootouts

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Misleading title just a bit...

But yeah 0 for 6 in shootout attempts this year. Our shooters can't score either so not like it matter anyways.

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
He has no saves in 5 shootouts.. :shakehead

Yes, our offense in shootouts is abysmal but having no saves in 5 shootouts? Really? That would be really bad for an AHL goalie playing in the NHL, and laughable for a starting goalie in the NHL.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Was absolutely awful for the Sens at shootouts as well

Bylsma should pull a Gordon Bombay and pull Lehner in the shootout.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
It's a real problem.

I swear once the Sens switched goalies to the backup on for the shootout. Maybe for Children etis Mcechiney or however you spell it. I think it was for Lehner but it could have been some other goalie, or I am misremembering.

Anyway if Lehner is that bad at it this year then maybe the actually should switch goalies for the shootout for awhile.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
He was pretty bad with the Sens in shootouts.

Has he been playing well other than that? He stones Ottawa every time we play the Sabres.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Embarrassingly bad on barkovs goal. I get that he is a good shooter but the big man on his belly looking helpless...

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I can't recall who but a coach switched goalies just before shootouts ...

They could do it with Lehner if he doesn't improve. I catched a few Sabres games this year and he looked very good but in the SO yikessss. Not like it's something to get concerned with cause there's none in the playoffs when they'll be there eventually.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

They could do it with Lehner if he doesn't improve. I catched a few Sabres games this year and he looked very good but in the SO yikessss. Not like it's something to get concerned with cause there's none in the playoffs when they'll be there eventually.

It's pretty hard on the goalie coming in, as they have been cold and sitting on the bench for 60 minutes and have to come in to a high-pressure, very quick reflex situation. However, if Lehner is letting in literally every shot, it might be worth considering.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Oilers switched from Markannen to Mike Morrison I believe, way back in 05/06.

Lehner is laughably bad at them. Bits at the first move of a deke and makes himself small, oh and if you like to shoot, there's always his five hole which he can't close.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
On one hand I want to shame you for the clickbait.

On the other hand, as a Senators fan who watched Lehner perform in shootouts during his time in ottawa I couldn't agree more.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
He was improving in Ottawa, shoorouts are gonna be more and more rare so it doesn't matter too much. Lehenr is going to be a boss though, and can't wait till he makes the haters eat their words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad