Confirmed with Link: Robidas named Assistant Coach

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I’d prefer he stay as far away as possible. Bob Hartley is exactly the type of hire we should avoid and I have faith this management has zero interest in him.
Why?

He has won everywhere. Aa a consultant it should be fine as the coach doesn’t NEED to listen but I would think he can bring some valuable input.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You're an exceptional case for sure, what are you searching exactly on this board with your high horse comments 90% of the time?

Do you need some sort of recognition in your life?

Hey, we can help for sure...

I do feel like we are a family here, there's no need to be arrogant 24/7 though.
We’re not a family. We have fun here as a group, but this is not a family. I would not go and visit anyone here. Nor am I interested to.

And I do appreciate a lot of posters here like runner, ozy, w3k, in fact most of you, with which we have gone over decades of discussions. Heck, we passed through a world pandemic together!

I would be willing to give a hand in listening to those who are in bad spots in life. I love the chemistry between us, but it’s on the internet.

I have one family and this is not it. I hope you have one too.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Why?

He has won everywhere. Aa a consultant it should be fine as the coach doesn’t NEED to listen but I would think he can bring some valuable input.
Bob is the kind of coach you bring in the fold when you’re a true contender. Because he will do everything to win. And I mean everything.

Now is not the time for this. Not before 2024.

Reactions: NORiculous

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
We’re not a family. We have fun here as a group, but this is not a family. I would not go and visit anyone here. Nor am I interested to.

And I do appreciate a lot of posters here like runner, ozy, w3k, in fact most of you, with which we have gone over decades of discussions. Heck, we passed through a world pandemic together!

I would be willing to give a hand in listening to those who are in bad spots in life. I love the chemistry between us, but it’s on the internet.

family.gif

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I don’t really know if coaches can make players better. 3rd and 4th line players could probably benefit from some good coaches but the talented guys don’t need much. Like, what could a head coach do to improve Cale Makar or Nate Mackinnon? They already process the game at the highest level, their talent doesn’t really need coaching. Desperate coaches lean on top tier talent when the team needs a lift and not the other way around.
Coaching systems make players better.. we had our own Makar, Norris and all... and guess what happened.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

I disagree. I'd love to meet the posters I exchange with all the time on here. If we can have fun interactions in the written form, we can surely have great conversations irl. Sure it's not family, but it's a special group of people who shared thoughts, laughs, frustration, anger, etc. while following our favorite team for years and years now. It's a bond I have with no one else : anonymous online shitposting about the Habs. Somehow I cherish it a lot. C'est un bon exutoire pis j'adore ça parler du Canadien. Lots of my friends are fans of course but rare are those who are hardcore nutjobs like people on here and myself.

• Love
Reactions: FloJack

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Coaching systems make players better.. we had our own Makar, Norris and all... and guess what happened.
With all due respect, we didn't have a Makar, Subban was good but we also didn't have a Mackinnon or a Kadri and a Rantanen as a supporting cast. The game is won and lost on the ice and usually, it involves talent.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
With all due respect, we didn't have a Makar, Subban was good but we also didn't have a Mackinnon or a Kadri and a Rantanen as a supporting cast. The game is won and lost on the ice and usually, it involves talent.
I don’t agree w the statement “Coaching systems make players better”, but success is gained by matching style of play emphasized w assets capabilities vs Habs traditional force a square peg into round hole

DailyKaizen

Before we know it this non family will morph and evolve into a higher plane of existence.

In fact it is happening and has been happening for a while now....A community that communes and communicates in a forum.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I disagree. I'd love to meet the posters I exchange with all the time on here. If we can have fun interactions in the written form, we can surely have great conversations irl. Sure it's not family, but it's a special group of people who shared thoughts, laughs, frustration, anger, etc. while following our favorite team for years and years now. It's a bond I have with no one else : anonymous online shitposting about the Habs. Somehow I cherish it a lot. C'est un bon exutoire pis j'adore ça parler du Canadien. Lots of my friends are fans of course but rare are those who are hardcore nutjobs like people on here and myself.
The early posters used to meet BTW. More than once they did!

Doesn’t mean it’s a family. As a business manager I was never fan of the expression ‘I think my employees and I are a big family’. That, to me, is not true. As a business manager, I rarely hung out with my colleagues after work. I rarely confided in them. I never had that bond. Why? They are colleagues, simple as that. Ones that I appreciated, sure! But not family.

But like I wrote earlier, I do love this forum and the folks that are part of it. I miss the departed dearly, who those who tend to disappear once in a while for various reasons. I miss it if I don’t take a look at it at least once a day!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The early posters used to meet BTW. More than once they did!

Doesn’t mean it’s a family. As a business manager I was never fan of the expression ‘I think my employees and I are a big family’. That, to me, is not true. As a business manager, I rarely hung out with my colleagues after work. I rarely confided in them. I never had that bond. Why? They are colleagues, simple as that. Ones that I appreciated, sure! But not family.

But like I wrote earlier, I do love this forum and the folks that are part of it. I miss the departed dearly, who those who tend to disappear once in a while for various reasons. I miss it if I don’t take a look at it at least once a day!

It sounds so fake when managers say this. From my own experience, bad managers often use that tactic to create loyalty to counter-balance their bad managerial practices.

The only places where the mantra was true was when the brunt of employees have worked together for so long they've become very close and it just carries through management. Those places are usually hard on new employees unless they're the shut-up and keep-up types or highly charismatic types.

Those meet-ups were called Meet and Greet.

As an aside, I've met people from this board. There's actually one on this very page I've played hockey with.

Chet-Nick

Feb 28, 2005
Ontario
You send someone to Laval to get NHL experience? OKAY.

Who is this "most of us" you're talking about? Not me or anyone I know.
That's my point!

Robidas doesn't even have anything on his resume from the minor leagues (AHL or ECHL). Gain some coaching experience down there and eventually move up to the NHL.

A vast number of posts I've read on other sites and Canadiens fans I'm familiar with on a personal basis are totally surprised/confused at this hiring.

How many 'green' coaches do Hughes/Gorton want?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That's my point!

Robidas doesn't even have anything on his resume from the minor leagues (AHL or ECHL). Gain some coaching experience down there and eventually move up to the NHL.

A vast number of posts I've read on other sites and Canadiens fans I'm familiar with on a personal basis are totally surprised/confused at this hiring.

It all goes back to that first press conference when gorton got hired.

He talked about doing things outside of the box. He set the tone by hiring a player agent as his GM. Then they hire a peewee coach in st Louis.

At this point, it should be no surprise that they go outside of the box again and get robidas.... Not under this regime, at least.

We are in uncharted waters as Habs fans right now. We keep hearing about player development now, and we can see how much they have invested in that department already, rather than hearing about how we are going to get the club winning and into the playoffs.

We are so conditioned to see things done a certain way, but I'm willing to see how this experiment works out. I'm actually intrigued because you don't hear about systems with these guys... It's about development right now, and it's refreshing as a fan to take a different approach.

Reactions: Sorinth

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That's my point!

I get your point, I got it the first time. They didn't make him head coach, and he worked for the Leafs with player development. Here are some of his thoughts :

“Yes, I don’t have experience behind the bench, but I have another type of experience,” Robidas said during a video conference. “Coaching is not just structure, systems, those things. I think that being a coach is also the relationship side, communicating with the players. I think the experience I have as a player, my journey, is something that’s going to help me in my functions with the Canadiens.”

That's what Most of us here think, btw. :sarcasm:

Reactions: dralaf and Sorinth

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It all goes back to that first press conference when gorton got hired.

He talked about doing things outside of the box. He set the tone by hiring a player agent as his GM. Then they hire a peewee coach in st Louis.

At this point, it should be no surprise that they go outside of the box again and get robidas.... Not under this regime, at least.

We are in uncharted waters as Habs fans right now. We keep hearing about player development now, and we can see how much they have invested in that department already, rather than hearing about how we are going to get the club winning and into the playoffs.

We are so conditioned to see things done a certain way, but I'm willing to see how this experiment works out. I'm actually intrigued because you don't hear about systems with these guys... It's about development right now, and it's refreshing as a fan to take a different approach.
bravisimo.gif

decaprio.gif

Reactions: jrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad