Confirmed with Link: Robidas named Assistant Coach

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
You're an exceptional case for sure, what are you searching exactly on this board with your high horse comments 90% of the time?

Do you need some sort of recognition in your life?

Hey, we can help for sure...

I do feel like we are a family here, there's no need to be arrogant 24/7 though.
That's a little shrill considering that your posts tend to consider Bergevin the source of truth and consensus reality to be just a pleasant fantasy. It's Flanderous, "I believed everything, even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff."

It's good to be optimistic but most NHL franchises aren't that well run, and the habs have been well below average for the last 4 decades. It's nice to have a potential uptick.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
It never happened with Gainey, both Savards, Demers, Martin and Carbo, as far as I'm concerned. So no it's not a question of giving it time, since I've already went through managers I didn't turn against. You've already been proven wrong. Like I said, it's nothing more than a generalization that lives in your head.

Notice a poster like @Habs, I've quite frankly never seen him like any GM or coaches we've had in the last 15 years. He's an exception that corresponds to your false generalization, as the rule. Most people will fall in the middle, but in your case, you're so far at the other extreme, never blaming management, it's so far away, you can't see the other extreme, it gets blurred with the middle ground, so far away, that you think the middle ground is the other extreme.

Are you applauding my 20 years of negativity? Its about time !

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m curious who recommended Robidas to MSL?

I had my doubts that the referral came from his Island. Now, we have confirmation.

qeduApm.png

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Not supportive of Robidas coming on board.

Even with his stint on Toronto's Player Development Dept. and lengthy playing career.

He should have apprenticed in the Laval first.

Most of us are in agreement the Canadiens seriously lack NHL level experience behind the bench.
You send someone to Laval to get NHL experience? OKAY.

Who is this "most of us" you're talking about? Not me or anyone I know.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Just heard his interview in french.

He said MSL called him he did not apply for the job. They are not friends so he was surprised... his job will be to work with the Ds obviously.

Reactions: FloJack and Kimota

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
For those who those not follow the minor hockey, Robidas was already probably to good fo the M18 AAA and it was a matter of time before he was going to get promoted in higher position.

Reactions: FloJack

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I'm confident that both MSL & SR will also grow with the players, being directly part of team chemistry, all growing together, might create the kind of team build-up that will get us far.
imagine that.. a coaching system that actually makes players better. the complete opposite of what has been happening with the Habs since John Leclaire went to the Flyers.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
imagine that.. a coaching system that actually makes players better. the complete opposite of what has been happening with the Habs since John Leclaire went to the Flyers.
I don’t really know if coaches can make players better. 3rd and 4th line players could probably benefit from some good coaches but the talented guys don’t need much. Like, what could a head coach do to improve Cale Makar or Nate Mackinnon? They already process the game at the highest level, their talent doesn’t really need coaching. Desperate coaches lean on top tier talent when the team needs a lift and not the other way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I don’t really know if coaches can make players better. 3rd and 4th line players could probably benefit from some good coaches but the talented guys don’t need much. Like, what could a head coach do to improve Cale Makar or Nate Mackinnon? They already process the game at the highest level, their talent doesn’t really need coaching. Desperate coaches lean on top tier talent when the team needs a lift and not the other way around.
cough-Caufield-cough

Reactions: themilosh

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For those who those not follow the minor hockey, Robidas was already probably to good fo the M18 AAA and it was a matter of time before he was going to get promoted in higher position.

I thought I read that was already the case that he was recently hired to join Joshua Roy's team as an assistant coach but then got the call from MSL.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The team was in the toilet and Marty came in and told the players to have fun, lets see how things go this year. Goal scorers are either red hot or cold, he will always have streaks, even with MSL as his coach.
Streaks are one thing but what we saw under Ducharme wasn't just a cold streak. Coaches can have an impact even on elite players.

Reactions: dralaf and hvac412

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
With MSL, Lecavalier and Robidas on the team. It's clear they're building an elite all French NHL 05 dream team.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The team was in the toilet and Marty came in and told the players to have fun, lets see how things go this year. Goal scorers are either red hot or cold, he will always have streaks, even with MSL as his coach.
That has nothing to do with it. A good coach can help good players get better althoug he can't turn a guy with 4th line talent into a scoring line forward. A bad coach CAN turn a good player into a 4th line plug (see Lefebvre).

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Streaks are one thing but what we saw under Ducharme wasn't just a cold streak. Coaches can have an impact even on elite players.
Ducharme was the coach during the playoff run and Caufield was fine which goes back to my original stance that players get more teaching/coaching from their peers than the guy behind the bench. When Weber, Price and Perry were no longer present the whole team cratered.

How many players loved Scotty Bowman during the dynasty years? The difference was the experience and talent sitting beside them on the bench. Others have mentioned the cup run of 86 and the impact of vets/talent over the coaching situation when the cup win occurred.

That has nothing to do with it. A good coach can help good players get better althoug he can't turn a guy with 4th line talent into a scoring line forward. A bad coach CAN turn a good player into a 4th line plug (see Lefebvre).
The team assembled on the ice has a much bigger impact than the coach. A coaching change can often lift a team, but if the team is flawed, warts will resurface.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

On June 15th, he had accepted a job to become Assistant Coach with Sherbrooke in the Q. But then the Habs came calling so he ended up taking the job with the Habs.

Âgé de 45 ans, Robidas a passé la dernière saison avec les Cantonniers de Magog au niveau M18 AAA. Il avait été nommé entraîneur adjoint du Phoenix de Sherbrooke le 15 juin dernier, avant d'accepter l'offre du Canadien.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad