Injury Report: Robertson Undergoes Season Ending Shoulder Surgery | Hollowell out 12 Weeks

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
It may not be here, but don’t discount NR’s potential as a solid contributor in the NHL. His competitive nature is his defining characteristic. Purely a guess, but I suspect he’s spent hours in the gym, and is attempting to absorb as much knowledge as he can to better his game.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Either we keep him and he’s never healthy or we trade him and he becomes a star somewhere else. Leafs luck

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It may not be here, but don’t discount NR’s potential as a solid contributor in the NHL. His competitive nature is his defining characteristic. Purely a guess, but I suspect he’s spent hours in the gym, and is attempting to absorb as much knowledge as he can to better his game.

I think he’s more or less a write off in the sense that the Leafs shouldn’t plan on him being a contributing NHL option when drawing up the depth chart. But it doesn’t mean he can’t prove us wrong and break through as a total beast in training camp.

Reactions: nuck

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He has gone from overrated to underrated.

I still think he can become a productive 2nd/3rd liner or a complementary player on a top line, he is a good prospect.

He is 21, and he may need to change his game to be less aggressive in the corners, but he also may become someone like Jarnkrok who is undersized, but aggressive, and forechecks in a safer manner. He is also way more skilled than Jarnkrok and has twice the shot, so imagine that in the top 6 instead of someone like Jarnkrok.

Having said that, injuries are obviously a concern.

I think he’s more or less a write off in the sense that the Leafs shouldn’t plan on him being a contributing NHL option when drawing up the depth chart. But it doesn’t mean he can’t prove us wrong and break through as a total beast in training camp.

Essentially this. He may end up being a top 6 winger, but let's just say, that is a bonus, consider him a forgotten prospect until he proves his injuries are not a consistent concern.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Ironically that happens to be exactly where he needed to be. Maybe a blessing disguise.

Like how Marner laughs at Tkachuk antics, which the unfortunate events that a car jacking can bring. 2 in the face at the end of the game is nothing.

Again as you said a guess. But successful people find ways to use their time to become more successful.

That said Nick's shots better then most as it is If they made it even more deadly with some weight training oh my. Also if he hits these Injurys early could be a cap bargain.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I would agree if you didn't call it a write off. You can do all that but you would want him working with coaches and players. You don't want to push him away so I wouldn't say write him off. Maybe developmental proficiency. Be a nicer way of saying it. Plus extra time with coaches. Which a write off it wouldn't be worth the assets and time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad