Injury Report: Robertson Undergoes Season Ending Shoulder Surgery | Hollowell out 12 Weeks

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Holmberg isn’t much bigger and just took a bigger hit into the boards shoulder first, only thing bothering him is the flu right now. Robertson needs to figure out a way to handle the day to day physicality of this league, he’s getting injured on plays that normal sized players face every other shift.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Pretty obvious Robertson can't handle the NHL from a physical perspective. Tough blow for a system that wasn't deep to begin with.

Reactions: phillipmike

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Pretty obvious Robertson can't handle the NHL from a physical perspective. Tough blow for a system that wasn't deep to begin with.
Leafs prospect system is good. Don't believe the media. Unless you mean NHL ready players than sure at least up front

Another tough one for Robertson. Feel for the kid. Not that this affects it but still another forward is needed

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I'm sure this has been beaten to death and will continue to be beaten to death forever but, maybe we should draft more physically developed young men in the future. They can skate like the wind and shoot missiles but if their season is ended by a routine fight for the puck what's the point?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Probably best to see if he can bounce back from it. His value would be at his absolute lowest right now.
That is fair, though I guess that depends if you think he can bounce back. If the medical team thinks this will keep happening it is likely better to get something than nothing.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That is fair, though I guess that depends if you think he can bounce back. If the medical team thinks this will keep happening it is likely better to get something than nothing.
If it will keep happening why would any Team give up anything for him?

Reactions: saffronleaf

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
That's not going to be too helpful for his (Robertson) development. :thumbd:

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I dont think Robertson has the body to be an NHL player especially if he doesn't change his style of play.

I would consider trying to trade him this summer while (if) he still has value
He has next to none right now. Can’t trade him.

Sucks to see this continue to happen.

Dude needs to learn how to be a bit more slippery at his size. Reminds me a bit too much of Grabovski or Kase in the sense that he puts himself in danger a lot.
He plays the way everyone wants Engvall to play.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
77p056.gif

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Six months puts him to June. Hopefully he heals well by then and can focus on his fitness, and building a body that can handle the rough and tumble NHL. Much of this he can start work on soon, some has to wait a few months.

He has the talent to play in the NHL, but he needs to find more lower body and core strength. He needs to work on his balance, to stay on his feet.

Surely the Team can see this.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad