Robert Esche changes his tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't find anything about what he said, I did see it on TV in Philly today.

Just listening to just some of his comments, you know that Esche is going to have something to say about everything from here on out. He's going to be one of the more vocal people because he could care less about what Goodenow has to say now.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Just listening to just some of his comments, you know that Esche is going to have something to say about everything from here on out. He's going to be one of the more vocal people because he could care less about what Goodenow has to say now.

More likely that he couldn't care less at this point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tekneek said:
More likely that he couldn't care less at this point.

Maybe you should listen to what he has to say before you comment. He hasn't been quiet through this process, and there is nothing to suggest he will start doing it.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Icey said:
This is what I don't get. All you guys ever do is complain about the players and when are they going to face reality, come back down to earth, be happy with the money they make, etc., and when a player does that, all you do is criticize him. No matter what any of the players do in your eyes, everything will always be wrong.

Because they are the biggest of bigtime **** talkers.....Instead of acting like tough guys through the media.....they just got slapped up side the head with a big dose of reality. Now they can put their stock into Kleenex, cause the best deal the players were going to get has come and gone.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Maybe you should listen to what he has to say before you comment. He hasn't been quiet through this process, and there is nothing to suggest he will start doing it.

You say he COULD care less about what Goodenow thinks, but I think he COULDN'T care any less about Goodenow after what has happened. If he doesn't care about Goodenow at all, he surely could not care any less, could he?

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:
Because they are the biggest of bigtime **** talkers.....Instead of acting like tough guys through the media.....they just got slapped up side the head with a big dose of reality. Now they can put their stock into Kleenex, cause the best deal the players were going to get has come and gone.

They gambled. They lost. They must really be taking it hard, because you would think a change like this would have players talking a lot.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Tekneek said:
You say he COULD care less about what Goodenow thinks, but I think he COULDN'T care any less about Goodenow after what has happened. If he doesn't care about Goodenow at all, he surely could not care any less, could he?
Im afraid hes right. For some reason, over the last year 99% of Americans have started using the term "could care less" when it should be "couldn't care less" or "could not care less".

This is a pet hate of mine.

:madfire: ;)

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:

I don't know if the deal is completely dead right now. Its my belief that if Goodenow phoned up Bettman and accepted the 42.5 million deal, Bettman would accept it.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
I don't know if the deal is completely dead right now. Its my belief that if Goodenow phoned up Bettman and accepted the 42.5 million deal, Bettman would accept it.
That all depends on if a season can be done, if it cant then he would reject it and the players would be facing a cap in the $3Xm range next year.

VinnyVinnyVici

Mar 16, 2004
Dade City, FL
Captain Conservative said:

No, Bettman wouldn't - the offer is now off the table now that the season has been canceled, and it will NOT be resurrected (especially after Goodenow's idiotic comments in yesterday's PC and in his subsequent media interviews).

The only way a deal gets done at this point is WITHOUT Goodenow. And I think the rank-and-file players are starting (finally!) to realize it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad