Confirmed with Link: Robert Bortuzzo signs two year extension

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
lol what assignment? letting petro cover for him while he makes stupid decisions and takes stupid penalties?

Bort >>> Ed. you guys forget how much of a joke he was last spring. only shattenkirk was worse. I remember JR and Millbury just having a field day on Ed during the Dallas series? Why? because he made stupid plays like this brilliant one here for dallas first goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcPxk-y_cDw

look, im not expecting much out of him as I see him as a fringe NHLer. but for whatever reason this forum GROSSLY overrates him and it needs to stop. He takes stupid penalties to top it off. Please stop saying this guy is a top 4 d man, hes not. Neither is Bort, but Bort plays his role much better, can actually chip in from time to time and doesnt take stupid penalties.

As a rookie dman in the playoffs, hes going to make mistakes. not shocking

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
As a rookie dman in the playoffs, hes going to make mistakes. not shocking

and hes making the same mistakes now. go watch the chicago game. Kane was skating laps around the poor guy and that was with Kane coming into the game ice cold without a goal in like 10 games.

Ive looked at many mock expansion drafts. almost every single one ive seen has him as the 7th dman for Vegas. hes not even cracking the top 6 for a expansion team, so i have no idea where people keep getting this top 4 dman fantasy from. If Edmundson is a top 4 dman for us, we are gonna be a lottery team.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
and hes making the same mistakes now. go watch the chicago game. Kane was skating laps around the poor guy and that was with Kane coming into the game ice cold without a goal in like 10 games.

Ive looked at many mock expansion drafts. almost every single one ive seen has him as the 7th dman for Vegas. hes not even cracking the top 6 for a expansion team, so i have no idea where people keep getting this top 4 dman fantasy from. If Edmundson is a top 4 dman for us, we are gonna be a lottery team.
Well yeah obviously he's still making mistakes. Dude has played like 100 NHL games. :laugh:

I think Bortuzzo offers more than Edmundson but I don't know why you think mistakes should go away in a player's 2nd year, he's still very young.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
Well yeah obviously he's still making mistakes. Dude has played like 100 NHL games. :laugh:

I think Bortuzzo offers more than Edmundson but I don't know why you think mistakes should go away in a player's 2nd year, he's still very young.

Hell, every veteran makes mistakes, too. Every human will.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I really like Bortuzzo and I'm very happy with this signing. A RD 1-2-3 of Pietrangelo-Parayko-Bortuzzo is excellent, IMO. The organization knows Shattenkirk is leaving, and there is no guarantee Schmaltz will be ready for full time play. I would, in fact be perfectly fine with the aforementioned 1-2-3 for the playoffs. (IOW, I hope this signing is an indication that Shatty is moved before the playoffs, but I won't hold my breath.)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

Kane skates laps around 90+% of the D men in this league. His entire offensive strategy is based on holding the puck around the perimeter and creating time/space for his line mates. He is so successful because he has the skill to absolutely burn any D man that attacks him one on one. I have a hard time believing anyone could follow the NHL and not recognize this. If this is the standard for what makes a top 4 D man, there are probably fewer than 30 top 4 D men in the league. Given the fact that there are 120 actual top 4 D spots in this league, we might just have very, very different ideas about what actually constitutes a top 4 D man.

We're currently in a playoff spot by 6 points and are 10+ points away from being what most people think about when they talk about lottery teams. Ed has been a top 4 D man for us for a large chunk of the season, so I'm not sure how you could claim we are a lottery team with him in the top 4.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I liked Edmundson's rookie season, but his sophomore season, not so much. But no reason to consign him to the scrap pile. As Al MacInnis said, he didn't feel comfortable as an NHL d-man until he had played 200+ games, which Edmundson is nowhere near to having played.

Bortuzzo has surprised me with his excellent play this year. He impressed the coaching staff in the pre-season too, which is why he got playing time early in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad