Injury Report: Robby Fabbri out for a month (Back November 2023, not injured again)

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I would think Veleno gets every chance to keep the 3C job now, which means there still isn’t a top nine spot for Berggren. If Veleno struggles, Copp will move back to 3C and then Berggren would be in line for a call up.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I would think Veleno gets every chance to keep the 3C job now, which means there still isn’t a top nine spot for Berggren. If Veleno struggles, Copp will move back to 3C and then Berggren would be in line for a call up.
Do you know which player got injured in practice?

I would prefer to call up Burger, re-arrange the lines and have Czarnik sit once that player is healthy. Admittedly he played well last game, but he's an AHLer. Burger is a NHLer, just 10 ply, and needs to work on his defense and puck battles.

I've also never liked the 7D format, unless you're gonna have Ghost play wing. It might be entertaining to see Walman play wing as well, he'll kill someone with his loop around slapper.

.... but I think they'll wind up calling up ZAR just to disappoint all of us, lol.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Sucks that Fabbri is hurt. I hope he heals up and comes back kicking ass.

Glad Burgers is up again. But what’s this about a wings forward leaving practice early? Who was it?

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Fabbri will never be healthy will he
I've been hoping since getting him that he can find a way to stay healthy. I hate it for the guy, but I think at this point it's going to be an ongoing trend into an inevitable early retirement. That's the last thing I wish to see happen, but how it's gone to date, your body doesn't get stronger as you age and i'm not confident he will play a full NHL season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He has missed like 50% of his games in the past 3 years to injuries of whatever sort (mostly knee related). I'm sorry but when his deal is up we should not offer another contract.
Watch, he'll play every game next season because it's a contract year, lol.

I'd re-sign him if he was willing to play for league min, that's about it. You can't salary cap plan around someone who misses more games than he plays, but I do enjoy his game. League min salary means you can LTIR him and then call up someone from GR for the same cap hit.

... and I'm glad they recalled Burger. Czarnik played well, but if I have my choice, I'd take Burger. Maybe Lalonde made his point about physicality, defensive play, and winning puck battles. We'll see.

Oct 18, 2006
Can’t wait for the day Fabbri is re-signed and a bunch of heads explode here :laugh:
Why? He will only get another deal here if its super cheap, super short, and provided he have some large stretches of health.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Why? He will only get another deal here if its super cheap, super short, and provided he have some large stretches of health.
Why? Because he’s an NHL-caliber player and the Wings like him. Posters here, at least the ones who continuously pencil him into the 4th line, underrate him.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Why? Because he’s an NHL-caliber player and the Wings like him. Posters here, at least the ones who continuously pencil him into the 4th line, underrate him.
I'm pretty sure the why was in reference to heads exploding. His on ice impact averages down to mediocre 4th line/upper level AHL... a contract representative of that is no biggie

Reactions: Filppula

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I'm pretty sure the why was in reference to heads exploding. His on ice impact averages down to mediocre 4th line/upper level AHL... a contract representative of that is no biggie
Why would heads explode? Should be obvious. Multiple posters have said it’s time to move on from him. If he re-signs, those heads will explode.

I don’t really care about speculating on a potential contract. Cheap, short, whatever, that’s immaterial to the point I was making. His value when he’s healthy is that of a middle-6 winger. His value when not healthy is 0. His “average” value doesn’t matter to a team that’s not cap-crunched.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Why would heads explode? Should be obvious. Multiple posters have said it’s time to move on from him. If he re-signs, those heads will explode.

I don’t really care about speculating on a potential contract. Cheap, short, whatever, that’s immaterial to the point I was making. His value when he’s healthy is that of a middle-6 winger. His value when not healthy is 0. His “average” value doesn’t matter to a team that’s not cap-crunched.
We'll be closer to that point when his contract is up. Many raises are needed.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well this what we knew when we signed him. Made of glass. He's great when healthy but how long can he stay healthy? That is the qustion.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So was Bertuzzi. Availability matters.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Man, unless you're heartless like Steve Yzerlland, you gotta feel for Fabs. Solid player too, just can't catch a break
I can feel for him and still want him off the team. He is injury prone and I believe Berggren is better anyway...

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
So was Bertuzzi. Availability matters.
Yes, availability is a factor. But Bertuzzi is still in the NHL.

I’m not saying Fabbri’s health doesn’t affect his value, or his next potential contract, and I’m not even saying he’s going to re-sign here. But if he does, even on an appropriate contract…. heads will explode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad