Injury Report: Robby Fabbri out for a month (Back November 2023, not injured again)

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Damn. How frustrating. Hopefully he heals up. Love his game.

Reactions: Bench

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
6FAA991F-847A-40F7-BB16-B482B6042E6A.jpeg

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Is there any real reason, not hair-brained conspiracy ("to save money because they are broke!", "there is a massive trade already secretly agreed..." "they hate rookies and prospects so much they'd rather keep the spot empty than give a future Hall of Famer the chance to be great!") that we would rock 11/7/2? Or even why we aren't carry 23 with two depth vets in the box?

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Is there any real reason, not hair-brained conspiracy ("to save money because they are broke!", "there is a massive trade already secretly agreed..." "they hate rookies and prospects so much they'd rather keep the spot empty than give a future Hall of Famer the chance to be great!") that we would rock 11/7/2? Or even why we aren't carry 23 with two depth vets in the box?
When they called up Czarnik, IIRC, they roster was brought to 23. The other depth vet is currently Alex Lyon. Detroit is carrying 13/7/3 currently with Fabbri being injured. The only reason I can think of to go 11/7/2 is that Lalonde is more comfortable with the current lineup versus having to rush someone from the AHL (probably Zach Aston-Reese) into the lineup.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

The only real reason outside of (trades, saving money, etc) would be that they are afraid one of our vet callups will get claimed on waivers, and they don't want the guys with eligibility to come up and sit. This seems unlikely because I don't see us as having an especially appealing AHL vets or 20ish guys that just lost their eligibility.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
good lord. Like I said before, Fabbri makes Patrick Eaves look like an ironman.

The poor guy just can't catch a break when it comes to injuries.

Oct 18, 2006
Unfortunately as effective and energetic as he is, he just does not have a body that can stand up to the rigorous of the NHL.

Last edited:

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I like Fabbri. When he's healthy, he's a good player, or is at least a player who doesn't make too many critical errors. But man... I hate to say it, but perhaps it's time to move on.

Bright side? With one goal in one game, he's still at a goal-per-game pace.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
In other news, water is wet.
I like Fabbri, but he's more injury prone than Darren Helm was. That's a shame because he is a good player and adds scoring to our bottom 6. I would not be shocked if he calls it quits in a year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad