Rumor: Robak/Petrovic for a veteran d-man or scorer

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
@hfialkov: Tallon still talking trade of young defensemen for veteran d-man or scorer. Sounds like Robak and Petro are on the block. #FlaPanthers

@hfialkov: Tallon still singing the praise of young D-man Jonathan Racine, who could be in the mix for 6th or 7th spot with Olsen, Robak and Petro

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
@hfialkov: Tallon still talking trade of young defensemen for veteran d-man or scorer. Sounds like Robak and Petro are on the block. #FlaPanthers

@hfialkov: Tallon still singing the praise of young D-man Jonathan Racine, who could be in the mix for 6th or 7th spot with Olsen, Robak and Petro

I would be okay to trade robak or petro but idk how other teams feel they are worth.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Robak + Petro = 10 goal scorer. Don't see us getting a valuable piece for them without adding.

Indeed. But then again, rumor said something with "package."

That makes me think picks/prospects (assuming we are calling Petro/Robak tweeners and not prospects, at the moment).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Robak + Petro = 10 goal scorer. Don't see us getting a valuable piece for them without adding.

Yeah pretty much. Robak cleared waivers recently.

I think Petro has more potential but is just so injury prone.

We do have a huge amount of D prospects now, so moving a couple of them makes sense.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
IMO it'll be a package deal.

Petro/Robak + Flash/Shore depending on who he is targeting

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
IMO it'll be a package deal.

Petro/Robak + Flash/Shore depending on who he is targeting
I think this as well, except add Kopecky as a possibility. He really seems like the odd-man out, especially if Flash is staying.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
robak definitely has no future here. with matheson, mccoshen, olsen, and racine all on LD. and petrovic is the most expendable young-promising D that we have because we already have ekblad and gudbranson long term on the RD, as well as weegar. so petrovic, who was a high 2nd pick, developed nicely, has some ahl years under him, could be ready to step into a #6 role depending on the team, i think he'd get interest and we could pair him with an offensive prospect to get something decent from a cap team.

and unless we're going after a true top line talent, i think using them to get a D, which we actually need more right now, is more realistic.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I think it's kinda strange that people are interchanging Petrovic and Robak.

Robak doesn't have any real value. Didnt he clear waivers?

Petrovic absolutely does.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think this as well, except add Kopecky as a possibility. He really seems like the odd-man out, especially if Flash is staying.

Robak/more likely Petrovic and Kopecky would give them back no one. Kopecky is making 4 million a year. No one's going to give a quality player for him, at that price especially not.

Who can Robak/ more likely Petrovic bring back? Probably not anyone very good, unless it's a team making a cap dump.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I think it's kinda strange that people are interchanging Petrovic and Robak.

Robak doesn't have any real value. Didnt he clear waivers?

Petrovic absolutely does.
I think most people realise that, fialkov just picked the most realistic options since guys like Guds, Kuli, Ekblad, Matheson, McCoshen and Racine obviously aren't available.

Robak/more likely Petrovic and Kopecky would give them back no one. Kopecky is making 4 million a year. No one's going to give a quality player for him, at that price especially not.
Kopecky is still a decent versatile bottom6 forward at 2.85M, a fair price compared to current UFA signings. A quality player coming back isn't likely, but something of a hockey deal could be possibly worked out.

Then again, this seems kind of pointless since there's still lots of veteran d-men available as free agents.

Puck Junkie

Jul 15, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
I am also a Flames fan and on their board they seem intrigued at the possibility of landing Petrovic, or both. Flames are lacking for physical or large defensemen who can actually play in the NHL and would definitely be interested if the price was right.

If you were Tallon, who would you want as a veteran scorer or defender from the Flames' roster? Recognize that because they are in a rebuild nobody under 24 will be dealt. I could see someone like Jiri Hudler or Curtis Glencross coming back, but they are both LWers and the Panthers are already overloaded on the left wing. Does Wideman make sense to anyone? He's got a hefty contract and struggled through an injury plagued year last season, but does have a good shot for the PP and can create on the rush offensively.

Also, someone mentioned that nobody would take Kopecky (or other toxic contracts) and the Flames have stated they would take on bad contracts in order to get some pieces for the future. I don't know if the Panthers are in that situation since they aren't right against the cap (teams like Chicago, Philly, and Tampa are more likely targets), but who would you want to move and why?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
We had Wideman. He was awful. We traded him for nothing.

Doubtful Tallon would take him back, even at 50% retained.

And I doubt Tallon trades Kopy and a nice pick to get rid of him. He is an UFA at the end of the year.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I am also a Flames fan and on their board they seem intrigued at the possibility of landing Petrovic, or both. Flames are lacking for physical or large defensemen who can actually play in the NHL and would definitely be interested if the price was right.

If you were Tallon, who would you want as a veteran scorer or defender from the Flames' roster? Recognize that because they are in a rebuild nobody under 24 will be dealt. I could see someone like Jiri Hudler or Curtis Glencross coming back, but they are both LWers and the Panthers are already overloaded on the left wing. Does Wideman make sense to anyone? He's got a hefty contract and struggled through an injury plagued year last season, but does have a good shot for the PP and can create on the rush offensively.
Hudler isn't an upgrade if Fleischmann can get back on track. Glencross has a NMC.

Wideman, been there done that.

Also, someone mentioned that nobody would take Kopecky (or other toxic contracts) and the Flames have stated they would take on bad contracts in order to get some pieces for the future. I don't know if the Panthers are in that situation since they aren't right against the cap (teams like Chicago, Philly, and Tampa are more likely targets), but who would you want to move and why?
Toxic? Bolland/Luongo are the only bad contracts on the payroll, the rest is fair market value.

You could actually argue that Kopecky is underpaid at 3M considering the crazy money 3rd liners get these days.

Puck Junkie

Jul 15, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
Hudler isn't an upgrade if Fleischmann can get back on track. Glencross has a NMC.

Wideman, been there done that.

Toxic? Bolland/Luongo are the only bad contracts on the payroll, the rest is fair market value.

You could actually argue that Kopecky is underpaid at 3M considering the crazy money 3rd liners get these days.

Fair enough. I don't think Kopecky is that bad of a contract, but it would clear some cap space if someone like Hudler or similar were to be traded. Veteran scorers cost a bit of money these days.

I wouldn't want Wideman either, but it was worth asking. Glencross isn't likely going anywhere, but I just thought I would see if anyone wanted him.

Hudler was very good for the Flames last year and was an offensive catalyst and puck wizard. I feel like the Panthers have some guys that can score if given a good pass but nobody besides Campbell to feed them the puck and create offense. Hudler would be a nice fit on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad