NFL: Rob Gronkowski wants to unretire to play for the Buccaneers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Props to a great one. Good target for Brady.

Guess Pats need a new TE now. But can't blame Rob. He had injuries throughout his career. Football is harsh.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
He might only be 29 but you can't fault him for retiring now. Do it while you're at the top and he's accomplished everything he can, so why risk any injuries. Put your feet up and enjoy retirement.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
One of the best. Called it at the right time. Got his rings, and his injury issues have piled up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's the best and most dominant TE I've ever seen. I'm glad I got to watch his entire career.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Sucks big time but fully support the decision. As a fan really can’t thank him enough. Crazy to think if a couple things went differently he could have had 5 rings.

But the Pats will move on. In some ways if any team is more suited to prepare without having him it’s them with him missing as much injury time as he has.

The draft is even more important now.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
A great competitor for sure and what a career. That he helped me win my fantasy football title 2 times shouldn't be over looked either !! Congratulations Gronk and enjoy your retirement.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
For Brady it must be like..you know you've been around the league a long time if the guys who got drafted when you were already a 10 year veteran are retiring.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Won’t see a player quite like him for a long time.

No question 1st ballot HFer.

In the convo for greatest tight end ever with Mackey, Winslow, Gonzalez, Gates, and Casper.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
He might only be 29 but you can't fault him for retiring now. Do it while you're at the top and he's accomplished everything he can, so why risk any injuries. Put your feet up and enjoy retirement.

You've already got 3 rings- trying to get a 4th and go back-to-back isn't worth the risk considering how well his final 2 games played out

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Didn't even feel like he was around for 9 years. Wow. By the sounds of it it he was ready to retire midseason but decided to stick it out for one more year to go out on top

His statline on paper is a bit meh for the hall of fame because of the lack of longevity, but he falls into a very elite class of "this guy tore open so many ****holes in a short span" types like Gale Sayers or Terrell Davis that he needs to be in at the first chance.

I do hope the WWE rumors are not true though. For a guy whose physical health is already failing him at 29, a potential long haul run as a pro wrestler would be the worst possible thing for him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He was my favorite player in the league. Just an absolute beast. What a career and it's the right decision to retire now.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Gronks body must be worn out, he probably wanted to give it another shot this year but his body is saying other wise.

He’s 29 and has a full life ahead, I’m sure he can find something else to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad