Kings News: Rob Blake to replace Hextall as Assistant GM

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't mind this at all. He grew into an All-Star defenseman on the Kings during some very very lean and average years. He was a King for a majority of his career and I wouldn't fault his departure entirely on him (see Tim Leiweke and his meddling along with his henchmen, Kevin Gilmore).

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I don't really have an opinion about this one way or another. Some will be outraged, I'm sure.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Don't care. Would rather see Futa but if it DOES turn out to be Blake, then so be it. Although I will never forgive him for letting his kids play for the San Jose Jr. Sharks. And HIS years in SJ will be looked upon as someone who went astray but found the path he should have been on eventually.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Hextall is gone one day and the team goes to hell :laugh:

I don't mind this though I guess, Futa needs to keep running the scouting

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Neither did Hextall when he was hired.

Per Wik...

Upon his retirement from playing in 1999, Hextall immediately joined the Philadelphia Flyers' set-up as a Professional Scout. He was promoted to Director of Professional Player Personnel three years later, and was considered by the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame to be a key factor in the success experienced by the Flyers during the early 2000s, when they won the Atlantic Division three times, and reached the Eastern Conference Finals on two occasions

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm starting to hate this team.

:laugh:

I feel like i've been taking crazy pills since the WCF

Out: Scuderi, Penner, Bernier, Hextall
In: Schultz, Carcillo, Scrivens, Frattin, Blake

Franchise Makeover, LA Kings edition. What did I miss? that was off the top of my head.

Don't know what to think of this one way or the other, though. Seems contrived by Luc.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wayne Gretzky
Sean O'Donnell
Rob Blake
Mattias Norstrom
Tom Glavine

Damn, I wasn't being serious!

Whatever. I'll support whatever this franchise does. It's my team.

Good call! I was hoping for Tom Glavine though...or why not John Smoltz or Greg Maddux? Ok, not Greg Maddux...my brother hit a game winning grand slam off him, in the 1985 American Legion Vegas Tournament....and had an RBI single in the at bat before.

Blake? I don't see him as being committed to the level Hextall was, helping at Manch in the trenches and nurturing the players there...and being tough with them as well. Dean is all about culture and Hextall was too and they preached and taught that. I just don't see Blake as that type of tireless worker and getting to know the players at Ontario, Manchester and the league as well. I could be wrong.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
417526_3309983282230_533638015_n.jpg

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Sigh. I don't want that guy anywhere near the kings anymore. Seriously if he gets the job then I'm not sure what to think anymore. Couldn't go to a more undeserving guy. He has no damn experience.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It's just her opinion, she is not speaking on behalf of the Kings. It's not a move Dl will rush into and he'll have candidates to pick from that have experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad